thirty bees forum

Question about Advanced Stock Management System

Nordicworming

Question

Good day! I'm having some little issues with the Advanced Stock Management and most definitely would need some advice because I'm stuck. Probably I'm simply misunderstanding something. So back to my now usual worm example, for I'm selling those as well as worm compost.

I have worms for bait and composting. I created two products, containing 1 worm each. Then I have packs, containing x times 1 worm (30 bait worms, 100 compost worms...) as a product. I added 10'000 bait and 10'00 compost in the ASMS but somehow when I set the product pack to uses ASMS, it doesn't seem to use the stock I added but, instead, added more products that I need to restock in the ASMS because system says there's no sock.

What am I doing wrong and/or misunderstanding here?

Thanks and greetings from Finland :smile:

On 7/27/2017 at 5:42 PM, lesley said:

To be 100% honest there are some major bugs in the ASM system. It was something we inherited from PrestaShop. As you might know they could not fix them, so they ended up removing most of the functionality in 1.7. We however are going to start fixing the system next month and making it what it should have been all along. But now, it is the most buggy part of the software.

Is there any news with ASM ?

Well, looks like I'm only who is interested of this feature. Let's hope there is somebody more. What I find out so far. This system is designed pretty bad. I'm talking about this case when You need to use ASM and product combinations. You just can't. You can't have stock quantity for combinations. You can have only products quantity. The problem is that this ASM adds all combination to related product ID, but combinations share all one ID. I have no idea how to improve this. One solution is to redesign this ASM system. Maybe it is possible to redesign combinations system so that you can put together different products, which have all its own ID. Third possibility is also. I completely didn't understand ASM. In further, this previous designer has something like zero knowledge about price, about FIFO, about weighted average. And thanks to this all the statistic based on prices is also wrong.

Edited by led24ee
Doubled content removed

5 hours ago, led24ee said:

Well, looks like I'm only who is interested of this feature. Let's hope there is somebody more. What I find out so far. This system is designed pretty bad. I'm talking about this case when You need to use ASM and product combinations. You just can't. You can't have stock quantity for combinations. You can have only products quantity. The problem is that this ASM adds all combination to related product ID, but combinations share all one ID. I have no idea how to improve this. One solution is to redesign this ASM system. Maybe it is possible to redesign combinations system so that you can put together different products, which have all its own ID. Third possibility is also. I completely didn't understand ASM. In further, this previous designer has something like zero knowledge about price, about FIFO, about weighted average. And thanks to this all the statistic based on prices is also wrong.

You are probably right. I don't remember all issues anymore. I filled a lot on github. But two years back, I was the only one who was really interested in this ASM stuff. I ended up in coding a lot custom (Like an ERP or WMS system) stuff for us.I forgot about this price stats, bu I bet all my money, that this was never implemented cleanly as there are much more basic stuff, that is even working.

My best advise: Prevent combinations whenever you can!

A redesign won't happen (soon). If there is a clear bug, you can report it on github and it will be fixed sooner or later. 

If you are lucky, you will find a wms system that can connect to prestashop/thirtybees and works well for you. 

I know, that it is a bit sad, that I (soon) have powerful system (with product sales forecasting, chaotic storage, product scanners and much more) and it's not available for others. But I just can't share it:

- Technically it changes a lot of stuff. An own bundle system was implemented as the core bundles don't know combinations.
- It was coded for us. The needs differ from merchant to merchant. So some stuff would be completly obsolete, other things are missing, which we don't need.
- I work on this project since two years (ofc not 100% of my time, but still). I believe, what I achieved it actually quite worth some money. I don't need an expensive WMS. I don't need a service like https://www.inventory-planner.com/ and so on... In short: Even it would be possible, I wouldn't share this (for free).

Actually very important: Always define your needs. Maybe it's possible to propose you a module, which will work for you. Or maybe there doens't need to be too much core modification, to achieve it.

So what is your need?