thirty bees forum

Are Prestashop 8 modules compatible with Thirtybees 1.4+ under PHP8.1?

papagino

Question

Hello people, I know that some Prestashop 1.6+ modules are compatible with Thirtybees but some won't work under PHP8.0+.

The new Prestashop 8 is PHP 8.1 ready, but my question is, are the modules compatible with PS8 work with Thirtybees 1.4+ under PHP8.1?

Cheers

Dan

4 answers to this question

@papagino from what i have seen yet, most of the 1.6 modules work.

I have seen a few developers recode the modules from 1.7 to 1.6 but with keeping the php 8 allowence.

Im in a chat with a developer right now that are working on a chatGPT module mainly for 1,7+8, he tells me that i can get it working on TB if i fixes the limits that are set within the module to limit the version from a version below 1.7

On 6/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, Cassim said:

@papagino from what i have seen yet, most of the 1.6 modules work.

I have seen a few developers recode the modules from 1.7 to 1.6 but with keeping the php 8 allowence.

Im in a chat with a developer right now that are working on a chatGPT module mainly for 1,7+8, he tells me that i can get it working on TB if i fixes the limits that are set within the module to limit the version from a version below 1.7

Not every module is this easy. Some of them apply only the 1.7 theme file hierarchy thus making it more difficult to backport.

Just a quick note, could you share this chatgpt module contacts, I'm also interested.