thirty bees forum

"New client" doesn't recognise existing clients - bug?

30knees

Question

I noticed that the "new client" column often is incorrect in saying that client is new. I have a customer with two orders, same email address. Supposedly this second order is from a "new" client according to the overview.

Do others have this, too?

New client.JPG

7 answers to this question

Columns New client in order list is not stored anywhere. It just shows if the order is the first order created by this customer id. Every guest account has its own customer id, so it will indeed show true.

You can merge customer accounts with the same email addresses if you wish.

• Thanks 1

No, no, these are all completed orders. But it would be nice to be able to see how many "guests" are recurring customers and how many are truly new customers. I had understood the column "new client" to indicate this but apparently it's only for accounts and not for guests.

Not a direct answer to your problem, but why not simply disable guest orders?

Back in time when I allowed guest orders I did not only get frustrated by the "new customer" or not issue, but more over about the problem that customers ordered as guest and later created an account to check their order status which then was not possible anymore as the customer account did not show the order (it was a "guest" who orderd and not the customer) and the guest tracking link did not work as there was "a customer with this mail already exist" (followed by: please sign in to your account...)