thirty bees forum

a lot of php encryption and blowfish encryption warnings

Beeta

Question

I'm getting a lot of this warnings on collect logs (example collect_20230923.log)

[22:37:50.5050] [OLD] [55e51c73843cffa9ca9dbacb4e3b2ad5] [WARNING] PHP Encryption can't be used because _PHP_ENCRYPTION_KEY_ constant is not defined. Using Blowfish encryption instead. in file classes/Encryptor.php at line 167.
[22:37:50.5050] [OLD] [1512861597d39c707e1026a3cd042176] [WARNING] Blowfish encryption is deprected and will be removed in next version of thirty bees. Please use PHP Encryption instead in file classes/CryptBlowfish.php at line 487.

how can I solve this? is this a bug?

Edited by Beeta

4 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Beeta said:

My ciphering configuration is already set to php encryption 

Yes, that is the problem.

You have (for some reason) set your store to use PHP Encryption, but no encryption key is generated. No idea how this happened. 

Because no encryption key exists, thirty bees will raise the first warning: "PHP Encryption can't be used because _PHP_ENCRYPTION_KEY_ constant is not defined."

And fallback to Blowfish encryption. Blowfish encryption is deprecated, and raises the second warning.

The fix is very simple.

1. Go to Performance tab
  2. switch encryption to Blowfish.
  3. Save
  4. switch encryption to PHP Encryption
  5. Save

That's it. When you change encryption from Blowfish to PHP Encryption, system will generate new encryption key if none exists.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, datakick said:

Yes, that is the problem.

You have (for some reason) set your store to use PHP Encryption, but no encryption key is generated. No idea how this happened. 

Because no encryption key exists, thirty bees will raise the first warning: "PHP Encryption can't be used because _PHP_ENCRYPTION_KEY_ constant is not defined."

And fallback to Blowfish encryption. Blowfish encryption is deprecated, and raises the second warning.

The fix is very simple.

1. Go to Performance tab
  2. switch encryption to Blowfish.
  3. Save
  4. switch encryption to PHP Encryption
  5. Save

That's it. When you change encryption from Blowfish to PHP Encryption, system will generate new encryption key if none exists.

I had exactly the same problem. The solution worked perfectly for me and since then I have no more issues.