thirty bees forum

Module updates, but still shows need to update

selwynorren

Question

Hi All,

So I have an interesting one. Brand new install (Downloaded this morning and installed v1.5.1 for PHP 8.1. It shows, BeesBlog, CoreUpdater and Block Newsletter need to be updated. So do the normal run of updating them, however the back office still shows it needs to be updated. When I look at the file in the modules folder. It seems it has been updated. Just back office is not recognizing it.

Is there perhaps a specific PHP module that I may be missing?

16 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, selwynorren said:

Hi All,

So I have an interesting one. Brand new install (Downloaded this morning and installed v1.5.1 for PHP 8.1. It shows, BeesBlog, CoreUpdater and Block Newsletter need to be updated. So do the normal run of updating them, however the back office still shows it needs to be updated. When I look at the file in the modules folder. It seems it has been updated. Just back office is not recognizing it.

Is there perhaps a specific PHP module that I may be missing?

Just to confirm. It defiantly does execute the update of the module. Example coreupdater.php now show 1.6.6 instead of the reported 1.6.5. If it updated any other files I have no idea.

There is also no error_log generated and if I activate debugging, no errors are produced either.

I have also cleared browser history and all cache and cookies aswell

13 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

And no bueno?

Sometimes this happens and it's cache related issue, either the thirtybees cache is not working correctly or the browser cache is fuzzy...

Yeah that was my initial thought, which as I stated I cleared cache, history cookies and everything. The update works, but teh back office does not detect it, so it just keeps saying to update the module

4 hours ago, selwynorren said:

Thanks I do indeed, but I use apache and not Nginx.

Screenshot2023-12-22at19-46-43cPanel-Tools.png.0ac6bc0bbf18302c0b8c3e070c3a25dd.png

I'd look like that. The cpanel uses usually some kind of cache. Most lof the time it's Nginx on the right hand corner halfway down.

Edited by nickz

Howdy, Yeah I have tried in Firefox (Good ol Faithful), chrome and Brave and I have teh same results in all three. So that means its definitely not a caching issue, but for sure either server configuration, or small bud.

I have the same version installed on a different server, and that doe snot use php 8.1 and I don't have the issue at all

Just now, selwynorren said:

Howdy, Yeah I have tried in Firefox (Good ol Faithful), chrome and Brave and I have teh same results in all three. So that means its definitely not a caching issue, but for sure either server configuration, or small bud.

I have the same version installed on a different server, and that doe snot use php 8.1 and I don't have the issue at all

Just to also say, I had initially install the 7.4 version, but theme deleted the entire catalog and installed the 8.1 version

On 12/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, selwynorren said:

Just to also say, I had initially install the 7.4 version, but theme deleted the entire catalog and installed the 8.1 version

Just a quick update on this issue. I downgraded my store to TB 1.4.0 (Still Same server and same php8.1 settings) and now the module reflect the correct updates. This must mean there is an issue on the 1.5.1 installation?

I will try upgrading it to 1.5.0 and see if it still replicates itself

5 minutes ago, selwynorren said:

Just a quick update on this issue. I downgraded my store to TB 1.4.0 (Still Same server and same php8.1 settings) and now the module reflect the correct updates. This must mean there is an issue on the 1.5.1 installation?

I will try upgrading it to 1.5.0 and see if it still replicates itself

1.5.0 does exactly the same

30 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Last thing I can think of is clicking on the double arrows. Does it clear this page's cache and does it show correct information afterwards.

It's very hard to replicate such edge cases as this is probably some server related issue as many users are already on 1.5 and post 1.5 and they don't report such issues as of now.

Hmm Which double arrows do you mean? This cannot be a server issue as I literally downgraded to 1.4.0 on that exact same installation and it works, yet the moment I upgraded again to 1.5.0 it stops working. Same as 1.5.1

I have found other cases as well, however I reported that on GitHub and created a solution which I just need @Traumflug to test if its viable.