thirty bees forum

Non ordered

musicmaster

This morning I received a mail from a customer that he had placed an order and paid but that he hadn't received confirmation.

There was no order in the orders list and I couldn't find his name in the customers list either.

Finally, when I looked at the carts I found something relevant: a recent cart with the product he had mentioned. But it was also puzzling. The cart contains the label "Non ordered" and has no customer name. 

Also puzzling is that the cart has exactly the same date/time as the mail that he sent me.

What is going on here?

nonordered3.jpg.088482daf130bde2ca68fe91c2c90ce7.jpg

Carts are converted to orders only after successful payment validation, and that depends on payment module used. And yes, sometimes validation process can fail, and there is dangling cart that has been paid but not converted.

6 hours ago, musicmaster said:

This morning I received a mail from a customer that he had placed an order and paid but that he hadn't received confirmation.

There was no order in the orders list and I couldn't find his name in the customers list either.

Finally, when I looked at the carts I found something relevant: a recent cart with the product he had mentioned. But it was also puzzling. The cart contains the label "Non ordered" and has no customer name. 

Also puzzling is that the cart has exactly the same date/time as the mail that he sent me.

What is going on here?

nonordered3.jpg.088482daf130bde2ca68fe91c2c90ce7.jpg

Most likely they added the goods but did not complete the checkout process, thinking this is enough. Happens if the customer is not so tech savvy. If they don't have guest or customer date associated to this cart this means they did not do even this part, so you can phone and complete a manual order for them as they will probably be unable to complete it from their side.

49 minutes ago, 30knees said:

I'm getting a couple of these via PayPal. Did your customer use PayPal and are you using our tb native module?

Yes, I am using the native Paypal module.

But two things puzzle me:

- I have disabled the guest checkout. Yet this cart has no registered customer

- the cart and the mail have the same time (2:27am). One would expect someone to expect at least five minutes before sending a mail that you didn't receive an order confirmation.

Those things make me wonder: is something going wrong in the shop or is someone trying to get products for free?

2 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Yes, I am using the native Paypal module.

You can simply log in to your paypal account and check if the payment was indeed processed. If so, there was some problem during cart to order conversion. If there is no payment, then it can be scam (or simply confused customer)