thirty bees forum

Translations from payment modules not showing up in Chex frontend checkout

30knees

Question

I go into themes/theme/modules/payment module and see eg in Stripe/translations that strings are translated. But they don't show up in the checkout. And if I copy the translation files to modules/stripe/translations I'm also not seeing the translations in the frontend. 

What am I doing wrong? I flushed the cache.

8 answers to this question

I have the same behaviour with bankwire module,  most of the text is translated but since my last changes by hand the upper text appears in English again.... ?!  Maybe it is a combination of frontend and modules in your case and you have to check both?

On 5/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, 30knees said:

And if I copy the translation files to modules/stripe/translations I'm also not seeing the translations in the frontend. 

You cannot copy translations from a theme to a module. There is a different syntax for phrases.

In theme: $_MODULE['<{stripe}niara>stripe_ce7566d1d08cc094b74cf283cf9c56a5'] = 'Stripe';

In module: $_MODULE['<{stripe}prestashop>stripe_ce7566d1d08cc094b74cf283cf9c56a5'] = 'Stripe';

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2024 at 11:59 AM, 30knees said:

@datakick Do you have an idea?

I'm not sure what is it exactly that you have problem with. If it's a translation of payment method, than that works properly.

Go to Localization > Translations > Installed Modules Translations, search for payment module (for example bankwire), and translate the payment method text:

image.png.c85ac9df5f699a70cb0d98b9e31fa754.png

Save and that's all

image.png.a6788dce29c4e1fdcc561a56dce609ab.png

Or is it something else that is not working?