thirty bees forum

No longer getting Order confirmation emails?

bhtoys

Question

I thought it was a glitch or something after I got a TON of spam via the customer service link. 
But now I get no emails. 

I also apparently don't get any emails from the Order Inquiry (customer service), or Webmaster options anymore either....

I did get the test email. And I've talked to my hosting company. The fact I get a test email, but not an order email makes me think it's something up with ThirtyBees?

Edited by bhtoys

9 answers to this question

1. Anything in the server error log?
2. Anything in thirty bees log?
3. What version of thirty bees are you using?
4. If it's >=1.5 did you configure properly one of the email transport modules and did you assign its usage in Email settings?
5. Do you have Mail alerts module installed and properly configured with your email in it?

In order to stop spam from your contact form use Cloudflare Turnstile v1.0.0 - by Emanuel Schiendorfer

33 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

1. Anything in the server error log?
2. Anything in thirty bees log?
3. What version of thirty bees are you using?
4. If it's >=1.5 did you configure properly one of the email transport modules and did you assign its usage in Email settings?
5. Do you have Mail alerts module installed and properly configured with your email in it?

In order to stop spam from your contact form use Cloudflare Turnstile v1.0.0 - by Emanuel Schiendorfer

1. Nothing mentioned there.
2. Nothing at all pertaining to emails. 
3. 1.6.7 - I have issues updating past that.. 
4. I haven't made any changes - the email just stopped working. I don't get the notification that an email has been made to my email anymore.
5. Again, haven't made any changes. But yes, it's in there and while it needed to be updated, I've done so, and did a test order - still nothing. 

And thanks for the suggestion for the spam. But I don't quite understand how github works. I'm also not comfortable altering any files.

Edited by bhtoys

There is no thirty bees version 1.6.7. The NEXT major version will be 1.6 and the most current stable version is 1.5.1.

If you are on 1.4 email works in certain way. If you are on 1.5 few things changed so you need to check that and give correct info so we can help.

The module can be downloaded from here https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_turnstile/releases/tag/v.1.0.0 - the first file, instal as usual and you have to make free registration and setup with Cloudflare for their turnstile service.

21 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

There is no thirty bees version 1.6.7. The NEXT major version will be 1.6 and the most current stable version is 1.5.1.

If you are on 1.4 email works in certain way. If you are on 1.5 few things changed so you need to check that and give correct info so we can help.

The module can be downloaded from here https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_turnstile/releases/tag/v.1.0.0 - the first file, instal as usual and you have to make free registration and setup with Cloudflare for their turnstile service.

Sorry, that's the core updater. 
Says I still have 1.1.0 at the top of the screen however. 

Wow... 1.1 is ages old, like dynosaurs old. You SHOULD work with somebody and update your site if you can't do it by yourself. MANY (and I really mean MANY) bugs were fixed since then and also MANY security flaws were ironed out. It's a miracle that you have not been hacked.

Please, check the following:
Customers -> Contacts - there you should have at least one row in the table with your email set up. Otherwise the customers will not have an option in the dropdown. You have two contact options there so you will see two rows - both emails should be correct.

I've just contacted you via the contact form. Did you receive it?

2 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Wow... 1.1 is ages old, like dynosaurs old. You SHOULD work with somebody and update your site if you can't do it by yourself. MANY (and I really mean MANY) bugs were fixed since then and also MANY security flaws were ironed out. It's a miracle that you have not been hacked.

Well, I did ask for help here before... even said I'd pay someone. Nada.

Please, check the following:
Customers -> Contacts - there you should have at least one row in the table with your email set up. Otherwise the customers will not have an option in the dropdown. You have two contact options there so you will see two rows - both emails should be correct.

Correct. Nothing has changed and those are still there since day one of install. 

I've just contacted you via the contact form. Did you receive it?

Negative. 

I appreciate all the help you've given me.
I'm tired of things just "vanishing" or missing, or new errors showing up. 

Thirtybees is the only cart ive ever used that i've had this many issues with. 
I think it's time I find a new one to use. The fact that I've never been able to update my version of TB should of been a sign. 

The community is small. We can not expect the same level of exposure to our issues as if it was the PS forum.

By any chance somebody at your hosting 'took the liberty' to modify your files without telling you after this spam attack? In general those forms are used to attack 3rd parties - the bot inputs a 3rd party email as contact email and this is how they exploit your server spamming their email list. This of course plays badly with the email reputation of your host so they could take the liberty of simply disabling you form by commenting few lines.

To check - can you try and update against version 1.1 and see if any files are changed? When checking check this on too in order to compare the template files also:

Don't actually update just check if there are changed files, and if so copy the list here.
image.thumb.png.52f847480734ab86292a61b2a6199ee5.png

What exactly do you mean by 'Order confirmation' emails -- do you mean email sent to customer, or to merchant?

If you are talking about merchant email, then it will be issue with your mailalerts module. My guess is that the email is not correctly translated to your language. Some older thirty bees version (for example 1.1.0 🙂 ) contained a bug that created empty email templates in your /themes/<theme>/modules/<module>/mails/<lang>/ directory when you opened Localization > Translations > Email Translations. Check the path for mailalerts module, and verify that there are no files with zero size. Delete them if they exists.

Check if the email is logged as sent in Advanced Parameters > Emails. If it's listed there, it's not a thirty bees problem, but issue with your mail server.