thirty bees forum

Updated to 1.0.3 & Now I'm Getting 500 Internal Server Error

ajensen27

Question

Updated to 1.0.3 from 1.0.1 and now I'm getting a 500 internal server error on every page except if I go to my site with the live configurator. Am I missing something?

Also, when I was using the updater module, I chose to backup my files the first time but it said it had 1,700,000 files to backup. After about a half hour it got down to around 1,500,000 but then I just exited out. I then ran the updater without backing up my files and it finished fine within a few minutes.

@ajensen27 the thirtybees updater 1.2 and 1.3 somthing issue somthing server not all server i faced that . jest try 1.1 updater i am not sure to updating to 1.4 the 1.1 updater and say jest check cross selling install and check all public pages no 500 that s good it is not modul related server related sorry it is my experience

Hello,

i have updated to 1.2.0  (without problems)  and have to do a server change to another hoster in the same moment.  Now i have 

1. adjust configuration (db connection, cache servers, server urls)
  2. backup database via phpMyAdmin
  3. copy all files from source to target server
  4. extract db dump via phpMyAdmin
  5. get an error 500  when trying to reach the Backoffice

Pls, can you get me some ideas?   thank you

I will do the following:  install a clean 1.2.0 on new host and move database  (already done, works fine).

Then change every folder from the new installation with the folder from 'old hoster' and try everything in the shop.  We have changed a lot, so we have to use the old files/folders and maybe this is a way and i really hope it works.

Hello,

I had the same problem with "500 Internal Server Error" after doing some module updates and installing new modules. My sever error log told me "[core:alert]: Option FollowSymLinks not allowed here". So I changed "Options +FollowSymLinks" to "Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" in the .htaccess and now it works again. I hope this solution won't cause new problems but for now it looks good. Maybe this can help someone.