thirty bees forum

Warehouse Theme Working

ericchaffey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another thread which has just been posted, asking which is the best theme to use, and the reply was the community one because it will always support any updates. So my question is, although these themes work fine now, surely they won't support any new features that are released? So isn't it better to use the community theme and adapt it to your needs?

@spidawebs totally agree here on using the community theme and 'tweaking it'. Aside from the upgrade support of the theme there's also the issue of bloat ware, some themes bring is so much extra css/js etc and conflict with other modules they can become an headache. I've used themes in the past that add a few seconds to the page loading time because they're giving you so many features.

It's for this reason I'm also VERY selective in the modules I install, I hate going above 5 additional third-party modules because it's just more needs updating when core features change or things are fixed that they use.

I always prefer using the default theme and modifying it. I use a tool called Beyond Compare for code comparison so when an update comes along I can quickly re-apply my 'tweaks' within an hour or so.

@mdekker that's a great offer and a very good sign for this project.

Would you be able to extend it to include the Panda theme? Although from reading this forum it seems a few people have it working already. thanks, bb

Well....sent this message off to Jonny yesterday. :)

Hi, Leaving prestashop 1.6 for thirtybees Have NO interest in prestashop direction on 1.7 Will your themes be supported for thirtybees? Please let me know! Thanks!

Hi, Sure, we have already started working on making Transformer theme and Panda theme to be fully compatible with TB. Best regards. Jonny

@ericchaffey said in Warehouse Theme Working:

I purchased the warehouse theme from Themeforest and from what I can tell everything has been working.

The developer said he is in contact with members of the ThirtyBees team so hopefully this will keep working even with changes proposed further down the road.

Eric, if it's possible, since you're the originator of this discussion, can you please update the title to make it easier for everyone using these themes to find this discussion?

Maybe like this?

Warehouse Theme, Transformer Theme and Panda Theme Working

Thank you!

Stephanie

Hostgator error here installing Panda just purchased last night.

Install theme >regenerate thumbnails just spins until a 500 error, then logs me out of TB. Panda default images never install.

Host says it's a theme issue beyond their support :(

Tried to switch back to default, same issue after regenerate thumbnails spins for a while then 500 logs me out BO BUT it does change to community default

What are you getting in the error log on the server? There should be one in the admin directory. Also, count how long it is spinning. If it is an even number like 30 seconds or 60 seconds, it means it is hitting a php timeout.

Host said they didn't see any problems on their end.

Loooong page of this same error in admin directory

[27-Jun-2017 13:14:16 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20121212 PHP compiled with module API=20131226 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 [27-Jun-2017 13:14:17 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20121212 PHP compiled with module API=20131226 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0