thirty bees forum

Is this the alternative to PrestaShop 1.7?

RandomFish

We have tried to redo our site in 1.7, 1.7.1, and 1.7.2. Its not working. It is the absolute worst piece of software from a developer and merchant stand point I have seen. It does look nice, but nothing works. Nothing at all. Taxes. Rounding. Random errors that appear to go away. It is a software abortion.

Is thirty bees what people are transferring to? We are going to call our 1.7 tests a loss and find something else.

• Like 1

@randomfish yes people are looking to move to Thirty Bees from PrestaShop 1.6 and not move to 1.7. 1.6 end of life is October 2018, at this point PrestaShop will no longer support it so people will have to go to 1.7 or elsewhere (or stick with a broken 1.6).

As it now stands PrestaShop 1.6 is seriously bugged, it seems to have gotten worse since about version 1.6.1.12 (it's currently 1.6.1.16) whereby they're breaking more things than they're fixing; there's too many people doing isolated fixes without testing them out properly and it's chaos. PrestaShop don't really care though as they want people to take up 1.7.

ThirtyBees is hopefully the saviour for those on 1.6 looking for a platform that just works. It's still got a way to go but it's gaining momentum and the community is actively interested in making it a stable platform for all and not just a means to make money for themselves from it (like PrestaShop module selling in 1.6 / 1.7). I think there's been over 3000 of the PrestaShop bugs fixed from 1.6 to Thirty Bees 1.0.3 so far. I know some of the stuff I use that doesn't work on my PrestaShop does work on Thirty Bees.

Hi Random, welcome to the forum. That is the exactly reason why a lot of us are here :) This guys know what they are doing and they listen the community. In the time I have been here you can see how they solve every doubt and solve every little bug that appear very very fast (the opposite of prestashop last years) So my answer is: if you liked prestashop before, in my opinion TB is the future

@RandomFish

We have tried to redo our site in 1.7, 1.7.1, and 1.7.2. Its not working. It is the absolute worst piece of software from a developer and merchant stand point I have seen. It does look nice, but nothing works. Nothing at all. Taxes. Rounding. Random errors that appear to go away. It is a software abortion.

Well, this kind of observation is pretty much the reason why thirty bees was founded. PS 1.7 has some good ideas (like moving logic out of templates, into PHP) and some not so good ideas (like partially moving to Symphony), but all this stuff is of not much help if the outcome isn't usable.

Welcome to thirty bees, @RandomFish !

• Like 1

What they said.. been building my site with TB since day 1, best decision ever. Found it by accident by reading a very interesting blog post but it has now grown a lot !

I'm not ready to go online yet but should be soon somewhere in November.

• 6 months later...

Hi All, is there less of a French following behind TB? The one (of many) issues I have with PS1.6 is the language barrier due to a lot of the module addons being written by French programmers.

We're looking at creating a brand new site to sell the same stuff we already sell on our existing PS site. We are pretty sure that PS is not the solution for us but can't decide between WooCommerce, Yii Shopping Cart or TB. What do you all think?