thirty bees forum

Order status: No email to customer, but email still being sent

30knees

Question

I have an order status with the following settings:

0_1504630237277_Status.JPG

According to my understanding, the customer should not receive an email when the order status is changed to this status. But, an email is being sent.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug somewhere?

15 answers to this question

Perfect timing!

I'm trying to add USPS tracking to customers account but don't want to slam them with too many emails.

Currently I have USPS send customer tracking info separate from TB but want to update orders to "shipped" adding the tracking info to the customers account.

Can that be done from BO without sending email?

Think I had a PS ninja module to access customer account to do this but can't find it.

I think it should be optional - like so much in shops! It always annoys me when such things are forced upon users without a choice.

Some scenarios:

1. You're working with a third party service like Amazon that will send out its own emails. You don't want to spam your customers.
  2. You generate the tracking numbers in advance and feed them already into the system, but don't want to mark the order as shipped because they won't be scanned by the carrier for another day or two.
  3. You want to change different orders to different types of order shipped statuses, eg customised on the carrier. You don't want to spam your customers because you add the tracking number and then 5 seconds later change the order to the shipped status.

So...is there any way to turn this "feature" off?