Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'orders'.
Found 3 results
Invoice numbers occasionally jump up and don't sync with the Order numbers. The reason seems to be duplicate order lines in the following tables: tb_order_carrier tb_order_invoice This seems a case of creating a new order line than updating the existing one in specific cases?
Hi all, I do all my selling online in social media, customers just go to the site to see details but dont usually buy from it, they cant be bothered form filling (typical consumers of today). They pay me outside the site- cash or bank transfer and doing so involves no form filling or time online, so they are happy. Its also cheapest and easiest for me to do this too, so its win win. Consequently the site is mainly an admin tool for me to display for prospects and for me to process and view orders. Used this way, when admin does all the order creation, there's many little things that aren't right when using the site in this fashion. Ultimately, everything works ok (despite back end fails upon order submit), but there's a few things that make the process painful. I can soldier on with the bugs and process problems if its only me using it this way, but if there's others having the same problems (now or in the future), could it be worth looking at? There's a fair bit of work involved in implementing all my suggestions so I realise it would only happen if many wanted it. Im happy to get more technical about suggestions but some of the suggestions include: 1) a) New Order creation>>Adding new customer: I dont usually collect email addresses. I just create them an xxxyyy@<my domain name> address based on their first and last names. Because it's not a real email, a password isn't needed. However if the customer account is later updated to be real then it will need a password. I would propose that any new customer account created by admin has a system generated password sent when a real email is created. Telling the system what a fake domain name to use is would also tell it that everything else is a real email and will need a real password. b) If there is an error creating the new customer, its about 5-10 seconds after submit before the error can be fixed. It should be instantly fixable. c) If the submitted new customer data is OK, then a screen comes up displaying all customers. It then disappears after about 10 seconds. This seems unnecessary. Once the new customer data is OK, we could just go straight back to the Add New Order page. 2) Add New Order Form a) Adding a new address. The form requires a new address be added for that customer. I believe there could be two options here, Add New Address and Add Default Address. Every single time I add a new customer I have to add the same default address. I would rather just create a default address once then click that every time I do not want to add all customer address details. b) Adding a new address: Adding addresses is painful process for both admin and customer when signing up. To greatly speed things up I would propose adding a Google Address API box, where the user starts typing and the address options appear for the user and they click which is correct. c) After the address is added, then like 1c) above, all the addresses appear. This screen hangs for about 10 seconds. Like 1c) this is a completely unnecessary part of the process that just consumes time and hassle. After that, the order creating side mainly makes sense. But then, right at the end, when I push "Create The Order", 90% of the time, there's a bug. The order data is correctly written and processed in the back end, but the entire screen disappears with what is presumably some php bug. Backpage, and all the data is there and correct but getting rid of that php bug would be very much better. Thanks Those are the main issues I have with Admin Creating a New Order/Customer. Hopefully Im not alone on this and others would also like some changes here too.