thirty bees forum

paypal modul problem ?

zimmer-media

For a few days I did not have any orders via Paypal in a shop. Now I have two orders where errors in VAT and shipping costs via Paypal appear. The calculation in the shop itself looks ok. The list shows the Paypal is faulty.

case 1 - with calculation of VAT ok - Wrong shipping costs 6.50 € instead of 15.00 €

shop 0_1510084068034_f516eb1d-7056-4583-9c57-465fe2188092-grafik.png

Paypal 0_1510084107569_FireShot Screen Capture #007 - 'Subject_ Benachrichtigung über Zahlungseingang' - From_ Johann Lengyel mit PayPal {service@paypal_de}.png

-______________________________________________________________ -

Case 2 - VAT should not be calculated - Shipping costs Paypal again charged € 6.50 instead of € 25.00

shop 0_1510084194095_67422f12-4237-476b-9ac7-2cb8153b1f77-grafik.png

paypal 0_1510084212296_FireShot Screen Capture #002 - 'Subject_ Benachrichtigung über Zahlungseingang' - From_ Susan McQuillan mit PayPal {service@paypal_de}.png

warenwert - products versanskosten - shipping costs steuer - tax gesamt/zahlung - paypment

• 3 weeks later...

@mdekker said in paypal modul problem ?:

Strange, can you check if you have the option to change your delivery address during the PayPal checkout? Your web profile should tell PayPal it's not possible, but it might get ignored by PayPal.

Sorry - I was out of action for a long time. If I use an order via Paypal, I can apparently change the delivery address via Paypal.

But customer have the same adress at store and via paypal.

0_1511444757890_Neues Bild2.bmp

Got it, I think. For some reason customers can override the address, causing it to validate the order with the wrong shipping costs.

In order to solve this we have to adjust the checkout flow of the PayPal module. If the shipping costs are incorrect it will have to show a 5th confirmation step where the customer has to accept the changed shipping costs because of the address change. This will work for most stores, but we'll have to double-check if this complies with EU regulation. I think it should be fine, because the customer makes a few last-minute changes at the very end, but we have to be 100% certain the customer actually did change anything.

Are you using the advanced EU checkout as well?

i use aeuc modul and opc cart

Now for the second time I have the case in all my shops that Paypal does not work. When I generate a new SECRET key, it works again. Does it have to be this way or am I doing something wrong?

As error message appears:

Error (s) occurred 1. The requested experience profile ID was not found

0_1511445409065_Screenshot-2017-11-23 Schmuck Uhren Paradies.png

Next question: I use the statistics module "Tracking visits" and I noticed last night in one of my shops that a customer has tried to order via express checkout, although this feature is disabled.

EDIT: Is it possible that the shop automatically changed to Express Checkout when the key stops working?

• 10 months later...

Got it, I think. For some reason customers can override the address, causing it to validate the order with the wrong shipping costs.

In order to solve this we have to adjust the checkout flow of the PayPal module. If the shipping costs are incorrect it will have to show a 5th confirmation step where the customer has to accept the changed shipping costs because of the address change. This will work for most stores, but we'll have to double-check if this complies with EU regulation. I think it should be fine, because the customer makes a few last-minute changes at the very end, but we have to be 100% certain the customer actually did change anything.

Are you using the advanced EU checkout as well?

Has this been addressed? It looks like it's happened to me, too. It looks like the customer has a PayPal address in one country (with shipping costs) and an address in another country (without shipping costs). The customer was able to get an order without any shipping costs, even though some should have been calculated.

I had PayPal look into it. They said the shop first triggered with shipping costs and then without. That's why it shows a higher initial authorization than what was actually eventually deducted from the customer's account. They said they only follow the instructions the shop gives them. Is there anything specific I can ask them to help troubleshoot?

• 1 month later...

@slick_303, CC @lesley, @zimmer-media :

I've just had the same problem. Yesterday I migrated another store to ThirtyBees and I enabled its native PayPal module, and today I've found PayPal problems in both stores, the one I migrated some moths ago and the one I migrated yesterday. I got this same message, "The requested experience profile ID was not found". It may be a PayPal problem: I created another Client ID for the new store and maybe developer.paypal had an issue having two different APIs for two different stores in the same PayPal account.

After the first problem, I've went to the first store's PayPal module and I've clicked save button without changing anything and it worked again. Then, I've uninstalled thirtybees PayPal module from the second store, I've deleted the new store PayPal API in developers.paypal and I've uploaded Prestashop's PayPal module, and it worked fine again in both stores.

• 11 months later...

I have exactly the same problem and I can't get it to work. If I create a new paypal app with a different client ID and secret only one of the two sites work, and the same goes for using same credentials on both sites. Is the only solution to create a seperate account?