thirty bees forum

HELP !!! - Error trying to upgrade from PS 1.6.1.22 to TB v1.07

scooterck

Question

Hi,

Can anybody please help me, I have spent the entire evening trying to upgrade from PS 1.6.1.22 to TB 1.07 using the latest TB updater. The process starts and after downloading TB and then extracting it stops with an error

Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" "jqXHR: " "

** Note ** I have just spoken with One.com (my hosting company), they only give a PHP max execution time of 50, not the recommended 300. Is the error due to a timeout??

Please can anybody help me resolve this ???

Full respect

Scooterck

0_1539855634433_tbmigration.JPG

11 answers to this question

colorful-ant - of course that was the first thing i did and if you read the other posts, there are no solutions, just people asking for the same help as myself.

I would love to migrate to TB, but jjst get this error and my PS domain has been established for over 5 years collectively, so cannot just start from scratch, I need to migrate the site over.

Can anybody help please ??

Respect

Scooterck

But I cannot even update from a virgin PS install to TB, so its not a module. I've even disabled non native modules on the live site that I'm trying to migrate to TB and the same.

I have spent hours on the phone to the hosting company and they state the error may be due to a timeout error, but are unhelpful and will not extend the execution_timeout to 300, the servers are set at 50. Thats why I was hoping a TB guru could confirm if this the problem?

respect :)

No - I use a hosting company called One.com (Avoid them !!!) I have been with them for 10 years and after speaking to them today, it became clear that the problems I have are due to a timeout error.

Their servers are set with a maximum_execution set at 50, not the 300 recommend by TB.

I have spent all evening installing XAMMP Web Server onto my laptop, Installed a backup of my domain and the sql and guess what the TB upgrader has worked 1st time.

I cannot believe that they wouldn't even change the server setting temporarily to allow me to update - Disgusting to say I have been with them for the time I have !

So I recommend users to AVOID One.com - for people looking for a Hosting company to run a TB domain or have a Domain already and have this error.

Check with your hosting company what your maximum_execution timeout is set to (if you cannot alter this setup yourself), if below the recommended 300 by TB, thats your problem.

Respect

:)

Their servers are set with a maximum_execution set at 50, not the 300 recommend by TB.

Maybe 300 seconds are recommended somewhere, but the assumption when writing code is just 30 seconds.

Even better, on server OSs other than Windows, these 30 seconds are just processing time, not I/O waiting time. Which means, slow downloads don't require raising these 30 seconds. In my development setup I have set these 30 seconds and a download taking 40 or 50 seconds (slow Github) works just fine. In your case, downloads took just 11 seconds, see the activity log in your screenshot.

That said, downloads aren't the problem. The problem is a) unzipping the release package and b) no error message.

Does this step actually take like 50 seconds? Or does it return much earlier? It's hardly imaginable unzipping a 40 MiB package takes 50 seconds on modern hardware. 1 or 2 seconds are more typical.

Are you running PHP 7.2 by chance? Current version of the module isn't compatible with this (but the next one will be). PHP <= 7.1 should work fine.

P.S.: is it perhaps a disk full issue? Packages and their extractions need like 200 MiB disk space.

I think the issue might be its limited. one and one is a different kind of host, they use a hypervisor vm for containers. So it could be that OP is on a 1 cpu, 1gb ram server. That might make things take longer since the hypervisor management does eat into that vcpu power.

Hi @lesley and @Traumflug, I can confirm that the same error happens to me. I was trying 2 days ago to upgrade one of my shops from tb 1.0.4 to 1.0.7 and got the same error "unzip". Unfortunately I didn't have time to debug it or find the cause of that. I hope i will have time to get back to it after the weekend. I tried it locally on Ubuntu 18.04 + nginx, tried with php5.6, php7, php7.1. all failed. I dont have any limitation in php.ini and no issue with writing permission either. I will try again as soon as I'll have time and keep you posted in case you couldn't reproduce it.