thirty bees forum

Translations

unica e-shop

I went to have a look at the Japanese translation but the project on crowdin is suspended currently. When I click on something to have a look it says, "The project you are trying to translate is currently suspended. We recommend you to contact the project owner for more information."

It seems the project owner is @lesley, so maybe you could have a look?

(I do speak/read/write Japanese but I'm not sure if I will be able to contribute enough time right now to make significant progress.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just translated the whole back office and error messages in Bulgarian. Front office, pdf, and email templates are not priority for me at the moment. Just to inform that there are many mentions of presta shop in the translations. Also that message "No duplicates found. Good job" in the duplicate URLs menu doesn't translate although I translated it. How could I download the translations and upload them here? When I export a language there is just option for language and theme. Does the exported file includes the translated backoffice and error messages in it?

• 3 weeks later...

When I was translating Thirty bees through the back office I saw that all thirty bees related texts were filled in English in the translation field also. That makes it impossible the system to detect missing translations and the only way to find them is by browsing all the fields ... It would be nice to leave the translation fields blank and that way the system will inform for missing translations. I am asking because I saw some new features are added in the new release which will need translation.

This is weird, because there is just one way that this could happen. Did you copy the English translation in the translations section of the Back Office into your language translations? Just by accident?

What is btw the language you want to translate? Did you check if your language is 100% translated at Crowdin?

I checked it earlier on crowdin but it is not convenient for me to translate it there. I translated just the back office and error messages in Bulgarian and I never copied anything. All the missing translations were missing I believe from ps and all new or changed translations from thirty bees were both - the English and Bulgarian in English.

Ok, seems to be a misconfiguration of your server.

English: English translations, normal behavior Bulgarian: translated currently 88%, approved translations 0 %. Whatever, translations should be imported and untranslated fields left blank. This would be the normal behavior. Didn't you try to update your language in the translations section? It works for me on my test environment (BO currenly just 72 of 5266 Bulgarian translations missing / error message 28 of 860) Prestashop 1.6.1x Bulgarian translations btw are 100% complete.

It's wamp server on my home network. Unfortunately I am moving and am not able to check anything with the configuration ... There were missing translations yes, but all those with mentions of thirty bees for example and new features like duplicate urls were both in English. That way the system shows just the missing translations, if you search for thirty bees text in all translations you will see what I mean. You are checking in crowdin for those approved translations and I used back office translations tool, I offered to upload the translations but no one seems to be interested ... I don't know if it is 100% translated in ps, I didn't checked it. I thought it is same translation package ... it makes sense now why all translations seemed google translated. I wouldn't spent week of my life to translate everything if I knew :)

This is why I asked to activate the Crowdin Search & Replace feature. But it seems they wouldn't listen. Upload feature is usually linked to proof reading rights. However, just word-for-word-translations without being able to use Crowdin's advanced features makes no sense. I left the tb project on Crowdin.

@mdekker said in Translations:

Makes not really sense for me pas long as some really useful features are deactivated for thirty bees translations.

• Search & Replace
  • Upload feature

where do I find these settings? Seems like you are more familiar with Crowdin than I am.

I'd suggest to go to the Advanced Project Setup and - adjust the Privacy Settings and check ( and make sure) that translators may download zip files, both in specific language and whole project, - adjust the Export Settings and check Export only approved translations. Furthermore - allow Replace in suggestions... (=search & replace), seems it doesn't work properly - allow download and upload of files (but only for proof readers).

Hints Crowdin has a full text index, so you may Search for source or target language snippets or even hash codes In combination with a check on menu item File --> All strings you may search the whole project (useful when searching for specific words)

Upload/Download: You need to check the allowed features for every language separately (have a look into Crowdin's help desk). e. g. uploads: Translations upload via Public Project Page - Select the language on the project page - Click the Three Dots button across the file translations should be uploaded to - Choose Upload Translations - Configure the system behavior checking appropriate options in the pop-up that appears.

Search & Replace - my bad! Searched for English words, but I only signed up for the German translation. In PS translations I had both rights. Anyway, there is this funny thing that you cannot find the expression PrestaShop, prestashop or Prestashop (normally Crowdin search isn't even case sensitive!) to change it to thirty bees in one step. Strange!