thirty bees forum

Images not appearing on all pages

lovelygifts

Hi, so, I've been through every single section of the back office to try and find the cause of my issue - to no avail. Basically, all image folders are set to permission 755 - the images in the folders are permission 644 and assume this is correct.

Strangely, where I have images appearing on say the sub-category pages, when I click a product and go onto the product info page - the image is not there! When I click where my image should be, the image pops up. So, the image is definitely there but for some reason, does not show up on all the pages.

Anyways, below is the information I could find that might have something to do with this issue... however, I'm not sure what I should be doing now to get the images to appear. What am I missing here?

SUB CATEGORY PAGES –

·         Section ID= category-subcategories. – They don’t appear here.

·         Div class=”thumbnail” is not appearing.

·         Section ID = category-products – They mostly appear here.

·         Left_column – New Products – Do not appear small_default

Below SUB CATEGORIES is PRODUCTS –

·         Some images appear and others don’t. ‘home_default_smaller’ images.

·         category-products

·         product-container

·         product-image-container

·         img-responsive center-block

PRODUCT INFO PAGE –

·         primary_block row is the div class section where there’s the main image, which is not appearing on the page unless you scroll over it – then a smaller pop up image appears.

·         image-block = Where product image should be showing but it isn’t. Thumbnail size 457.5px

·         https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/93-thickbox_default/lilac-fish-bag.jpg

·         large_default

I've included screenshots so you can see what I mean. As far as I can tell, everything that needs to be 'activated' is so. I'm now banging my head against the wall 😕

Thanks in advance.... 

images-apper-under-products-on-subcategory-page.PNG

image-not-showing-product-info-page.PNG

image-shows-on-pop-up-zoom.PNG

Thats why i wondered abut regenerating. They are all different locations and image styles. When you upload an image it creates lots of others. That is why some work and others don't 

So for example on this page

https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/wellbeing/aromatherapy/aroma-bath-potions/total-unwind-potion-lavender-orange-sweet-basil?search_query=unwind&results=3

The main image URL is: "https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/wellbeing/aromatherapy/aroma-bath-potions/1"

Which does not have an image, but when you click the URL is "https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/845-thickbox_default/total-unwind-potion-lavender-orange-sweet-basil.jpg

Which is there - but as you can see they are actually different images that have been created by the store on upload

So when you re-generated the images are all the lines "full" like on this catgegories section below

image.thumb.png.a8b2f3ca3d4a8db14ad7274a9b4e26ed.png

If directory permissions are OK, then it's probably issue with image misconfiguration.

Please go to Preferences > Images and have a look at defined image types. Verify that image type large_default is there, and it's enabled for Products.

images.png.a156bf5f208f71b3342a3b5b1ea75d3f.png

4 hours ago, haylau said:

Thats why i wondered abut regenerating. They are all different locations and image styles. When you upload an image it creates lots of others. That is why some work and others don't 

So for example on this page

https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/wellbeing/aromatherapy/aroma-bath-potions/total-unwind-potion-lavender-orange-sweet-basil?search_query=unwind&results=3

The main image URL is: "https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/wellbeing/aromatherapy/aroma-bath-potions/1"

Which does not have an image, but when you click the URL is "https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/845-thickbox_default/total-unwind-potion-lavender-orange-sweet-basil.jpg

Which is there - but as you can see they are actually different images that have been created by the store on upload

So when you re-generated the images are all the lines "full" like on this catgegories section below

image.thumb.png.a8b2f3ca3d4a8db14ad7274a9b4e26ed.png

Hi ya, thanks for your response.. I needed to come away from the computer for a few hours to refresh my mind haha. So, in answer to the above, the regenerated images are showing as all of them having been done and the green coloured bar is full. I figured there was something to do with these 'thickbox_default/' in the url but can't work out why or where my images are supposed to be for it to work... if that makes sense.

All 11 images are enabled for products, categories etc

I was thinking of maybe importing all the products again as I originally installed them when my site was in a test folder? Also, what would happen if I click 'reset indexation status'?

imagesone.JPG

imagestwo.JPG

I clicked the reset indexation status and this didn't do anything.. or at least, didn't fix it. I've uploaded the products csv file again and amended the image url as it had /test/ folder in the link. Uploaded but it's still not solved the problem. There must be a way to surely upload all my images again to the necessary places in the directory that they need to be in to appear on the website..?

I've been really excited by thirtybees and my new shop but now I'm worried I'll have to go back to zen cart, which is good but thirtybees is much better is so many other ways.. until now.

I could upload images via cpanel with zen cart if needed be - is this not possible for here? 

You are a star!! That's done it. All the images are showing up.. Is there a way around it to get the friendly urls in place as this is obviously a massive seo bonus point? If I have to have unfriendly urls so be it.. but if there's a way, it'd be great.   THANK YOU THANK YOU :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 3:56 AM, lovelygifts said:

You are a star!! That's done it. All the images are showing up.. Is there a way around it to get the friendly urls in place as this is obviously a massive seo bonus point? If I have to have unfriendly urls so be it.. but if there's a way, it'd be great.   THANK YOU THANK YOU 🙂

right.. so, here is the setting you need to revert back to friendly urls.. hope it helps..

Untitled-1.gif

Hi ya, sorry for the late response... Yep I know where to change it to friendly urls.. however, I've not resolved the issue of images not appearing. I can't afford to pay an expert to sort it out at the moment so I'm having to keep it this way for the time being. I've changed all image folders permissions so I know they are correct. I've regenerated the images and they still don't all show up. I realise the impact of not having the friendly urls, but I just have to put up with it for now. )

• 1 month later...

I found the solution when uploading products with csv and some images show others dont .Go to the product and edit the product name save it there is conflicting name titles .change the tittle of the product save it and your product images will show.think its got to du with duplicate names are some thing in the product tittles 

Hi, I'm pretty sure I've no duplicate product titles, unless you mean in the actual image names, yet I don't know how to check this. I'm finding the file system a bit confusing really, especially regarding the images. The images that I upload with there product name, then does not appear as that in the file directory, instead it's something like '1128-home_default.jpg' instead of say 'Simmering Granules - Cherry', which concerns me a little because naming each product for the image should also help with search engines finding your site via the images.. yet if they are just home_default.jpg etc etc, is this not a bad thing? I can't find the images in order to check if there are any duplicates... I love thirtybees and the way my site looks, but it's not as easy to learn as Zen Cart. 

I had same problem with images not showing. So if you have 5 items with apple products. In the heading and say 2 show. Go to your product page heading try change the heading add something or make the tittle shorter.save it and check cattagorie images and product images should show. Also test in another browser. Clear browser cache. I had same problem cattagorie images wouldn't show. 

Try and remove the hyphens ,semicolons in title .like example .Total Unwind Potion lavender&Orange&Sweet Basil.

Thirty bees is great .I tried them all woo commerce ,open cart,Magento ,Presta shop. 

I upload my products with csv file in ods format .I had the same problem .

try the top suggestion .I dont think product headings like hyphens and semi colons.

clear browser cache and test in different browser.