Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

AndyC

Google Upload Data

Posted (edited)

Hi

I am onto my next project of finding a reasonably priced module for uploading data to google shopping.

What is the preferred method of doing this. I do have the free Google Shopping Flux version on another site I find it a bit slow. I have found this 1

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/price-comparison/21889-google-shopping-feed-in-3-min-google-merchant-center.html

Does anyone know if this 1 works with TB and can upload via my Admin as it i snot very clear on the website

thanks

Edited by AndyC

On 5/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, 30knees said:

You could take a look at @datakick getdatakick.com.

Can't find anything to upload to google ??

Well I wasn't looking there .. I was looking under tabs on his website if you had said go to demo's I would have gone there

Anyway I see it is also under the home page if you scroll down

Don't think that 1 is really for me , but will download and trial it

I use it on several of my client's sites, its by far the best one I have tried. Its very flexible in so far as what you can send. Its a bit complicated to use at first, but that is just because it is so powerful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lesley said:

I use it on several of my client's sites, its by far the best one I have tried. Its very flexible in so far as what you can send. Its a bit complicated to use at first, but that is just because it is so powerful. 

Which 1 .Datakicks or the 1 I suggested lol

Oh, the datakick module. 

• Thanks 1

Have had a look , Is really difficult to get my head around. Also seems overkill for just 1 application

@AndyC my module is indeed quite hard to learn. It's because it's not a one-off solution, but it's more of a framework. Once you learn it, you will be able to do almost anything regarding data export/import.

I understand that people love one-off, simple solutions. Unfortunately in many cases that's not that easy. Many merchants have specific needs that these simple solutions can't cover. For example, I have heard requests like:

- I would like to send only products from some category to facebook feed

- I want to send different image, because the main product image does not look good in google feed

- How to add google categories to my products?

- I don't want feed to contain products that are not on stock (even though they can be pre-ordered)

- I have 10,000 products and 500,000 combinations and my server can't generate these....

- I want to have up-to-date feed...

With my module you can do all of this. And much more. But it requires some learning time, unfortunately.

Do you have like a step by step guide for now.I really want to see how it uploads to google shopping

1) create destination place - ftp

1.png.thumb.jpg.b7c6835a417c8ef03151012be11f8079.jpg

2.png.jpg.410f9f0cc5344ba11a3b2c931b6e9e98.jpg

2) install predefined XML template for GMC

3.png.jpg.811deb8d34eef5fb2a6890bc4eae7283.jpg

3) create schedule to generate xml from this template, and use ftp place as a destination

4.png.jpg.8c02c3bd9c003f1e93a94b7b5755341d.jpg5.png.jpg.87527f1a55456758c719348e99c3d3e6.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the images Makes it easier

Edited by AndyC

Hi.. I've had a look but it is just to much as all I need is google shopping right now + there is the cost ..I've already spent way to much on this project