thirty bees forum

Search Index table getting massive

movieseals

Question

Hello again,

My search index table is getting massive.  We have over 50,000 products.  I ran a clean up program for the database and got the following warning: The table tb_search_index size is 116.72 Mb. Maybe you could clean unnecessary records from this table to reduce the size.

This table alone is over a third of the database size.  I have compressed it - and using InnoDB and Barracuda on MariaDB 10.3.  Since it is the Search Index we are talking about, I am not sure we can get rid of anything without affecting the search itself.  Any pointers?

Edited by movieseals

Hey everyone, sorry to be MIA. I'm still alive and kicking, just had a bunch of "stuff" get in the way of my Thirty Bees work.

I'm making good progress on my development server and have a decent amount of integration with the Web Service complete. Currently working on order downloads and PayPal integration.

Once I get my first live sites launched I will once again start monkeying with Elastic Search and trying to get it properly integrated into the current version of TB. I tried a while back and found a few issues but didn't have time to delve into it in huge depth. I certainly expect to have bug reports and hopefully we can get it fully integrated and working. It really is the ultimate search system and with how fast the rest of TB is it seems like a great fit to have a high performance search engine too.