thirty bees forum

Payment Method

AndyC

Hi

I have in the past received emails asking why there is no payment method available when checking out and each time I have to send a email back saying they have to create a account first.

I can only assume but I do see a lot of abandoned carts and it could be down to this..

What I am asking is there any way we can have this option turned on at all times ..Thanks

Screenshot_2019-12-07 checkout.png

No not yet .. I remember enquiring about this before (maybe on the old Forum) and it seemed that was the norm ..But I am definitely loosing sales because of it.. Even if I change payment modules I will still have this issue..

But I will contact them and see what they say  

I think I have used that module (PresTeamShop??) and it worked properly for me. 

BTW your checkout page is showing quite a few errors in the browser console - and it keeps asking me to allow my location. Why would that be? Could the payment method be linked to location somehow??

huh it is .. I know I have google location on so it can fill in your address, that's why it asks . what sort of other error messages are you getting

OK will try .. I've only just added that wording .. But need to fix ASAP....

I am thinking of asking if I can try CHEX again to see if that works if it does I may just remove supercheckout and buy chex

Oh, Supercheckout from Knowband. Used that also. Seem to remember it has a ship to pay system which may need to be configured correctly. It links payment methods to shipping methods

We recently switch to Chex and we are LOVING it. Nothing comes close. Is there something holding you back from using chex?

Money lol .. Used up everything getting TB sorted adding modules etc then google just ate the rest up.. Tried chex but getting exceptions

ThirtyBeesException

Cannot use object of type Carrier as array

when rendering smarty template themes/panda/order-opc.tpl

Sorry it's Panda ...TB 1.1.0 ..

Yes looks similar ....If I put super checkout back it's OK again .. If I disable and turn Chex on + clear caches (3 of them) and clear cookies I still get that message..

To tired now so may upload a new order-opc.tpl  to see if that works... Although also saw somewhere that Revws was causing a issue somewhere ...

Anyway we going off topic 

Another recommend for the Chex Module here AndyC. 

We are still using the 'old' Warehouse theme and aimed at UK only clients.  After numerous problems we dropped Paypal.

However, we can certainly recommend 'Stripe' for the payment processing.

The combimation of Chex and Stripe is a winner for us.

• Like 1

mmmm Been trying a few other options and they seem to show up

Can I ask will 2checkout look similar to this ..Screen-shot is from authorize.net.. If it is I am all in.These weren't around when I was with Zencart.

It looks like you still put card details on your site but not leave which is perfect.. Anyway have signed up for 2checkout just waiting for the activation if I get it .

As that was also working like that when I tried it.

Also which is the best module to get as some look a bit old and out of date  

Capture.JPG

Edited by AndyC

48 minutes ago, AndyC said:

mmmm Been trying a few other options and they seem to show up

Can I ask will 2checkout look similar to this ..Screen-shot is from authorize.net.. If it is I am all in.These weren't around when I was with Zencart.

It looks like you still put card details on your site but not leave which is perfect.. Anyway have signed up for 2checkout just waiting for the activation if I get it .

As that was also working like that when I tried it.

Also which is the best module to get as some look a bit old and out of date  

Capture.JPG

I just dropped 2checkout recently in favor of Stripe and PayPal. Used 2co for years, but they never updated their module and I was starting to see some data flow issues. It was worth switching for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been accepted now for payments .

But is there a reason as to why I end up in a loop. I've tried both TB and PS and both do the same thing.. Click pay now and pop up screen shows to pay and when I click proceed it goes back to my check out page.

No debug code or error messages ..Using latest version with super checkout.

thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

After watching yet another customer battle with Braintree I have scrapped it completely..

Tried TB PayPal module and didn't work so well so tried PS PayPal and it is brilliant and am keeping it on my site ,they can avoid going though the checkout process which is great. Now to get Paylike to work and all will be good. Suppose better late than never.

So now I have to find an alternative

Edited by AndyC

• 1 month later...

Why do I always seem to have issues with payment modules.... ex PayPal was working great on my 1 checkout module ,I am upgrading to Chex module but I get the same old return to checkout rather than going to PayPal so I can pay

Edited by AndyC

• 2 weeks later...