thirty bees forum

Can I safely remove No_sync from emails?

rubben1985

I think it is quite annoying to always have [no_sync] in the contact form emails subject.

I found a solution in PS forum:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/270535-customer-message-from-contact-form-no_sync‏/

there are a couple of solutions in that topic, but last answer seems to be the most simple

to remove [no_sync] just replace the line 189 \controllers\ContactController.php

if (!Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact', Mail::l('Message from contact form').' [no_sync]',

to

if (!Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact', Mail::l('Message from contact form'),

I was going to change it, but I though....this is something so useless and easy to take away that is strange that no one in TB correct it yet...maybe it can create a problem...

So I ask for confirmation from our experts 🙂

Is OK to change that?

If you imort email messages via IMAP and have 'Create new threads' option enabled, then support customer threads will be created for every email.

That's obviously not wanted behavior for customer messages, as these are generated, and already tracked, in the system. To prevent these extra customer threads, thirtybees add this magic string to subject line. It's a lazy solution, but it works. 

So to summarize - if you don't use IMAP, or have 'Create new threads' option disabled, you can safely remove it.

On a related note - it's not the best idea to edit the core files, or create overrides for them unless necessary. In this case, you can use my conseqs module and create rule that modifies email subject for 'contact' email.

image.png.50350b3b1e1009e747aa084d5ba5e98a.png

image.png.2ce961fff3aad62b7bcb76310b5100ea.png

• Like 2

Thanks!

I have tried to install the module but it gives me an error:

image.thumb.png.6ed44cfa388de9f3583715a4eb70a14a.png

What is the difference between the free and premium version of this module? I do not see any in the modules descriptions (it could also represent people not buying the premium one for this).

last question: do you have a test environment for your premium reviews module? It may interest me but I would like to see it in action (how it looks the emails and interaction with them, how it looks the store review section...).

Regards 

NOTE: Also, just in case it is an error, just leeting you know that your service support is not available in your store (either the migration service)

Edited by rubben1985

1 hour ago, rubben1985 said:

Thanks!

I have tried to install the module but it gives me an error:

image.thumb.png.6ed44cfa388de9f3583715a4eb70a14a.png

I suggest you install my other module called Consistency. It can detect some weird stuff. This one would be detected. There is extra file DbMySQLi.php in classes/db directory. It shouldn't be there. Thirtybees autoload mechanism can load any php file in classes/* directory, and then anything can happen (but nothing good). Like this error here. 

I suggest you delete this file immediately

What is the difference between the free and premium version of this module? I do not see any in the modules descriptions (it could also represent people not buying the premium one for this).

In free version, you can define two rules. Premium version allows unlimited rules, obviously. 

last question: do you have a test environment for your premium reviews module? It may interest me but I would like to see it in action (how it looks the emails and interaction with them, how it looks the store review section...).

Sure thing. You can login to my demo account and test it out. http://demo.getdatakick.com/admin561wkvz9k/

NOTE: Also, just in case it is an error, just leeting you know that your service support is not available in your store (either the migration service)

No, it's not error. I don't offer support / development packages at the moment, as I'm nearly 100% utilized. I might offer these services in the future when I'm done with current development project

I installed your tool (very interesting) and It seems i have all this extra files:

List of errors
Error description    Actions
Extra file: /classes/cache/CacheApc.php    
Extra file: /classes/cache/CacheXcache.php    
Extra file: /classes/db/DbMySQLi.php    
Extra file: /classes/db/MySQL.php    
Extra file: /classes/order/OrderDiscount.php    
Extra file: /classes/PaymentModule.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/cleantalk.custom.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/example.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/JSON.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/cleantalk.class.php    
Extra file: /controllers/admin/AdminRangePriceController.php    
Extra file: /controllers/admin/AdminRangeWeightController.php

none of them are useful/requested? for example cleantalk is not a module but an antispam tool.

Can I delete them without any problem?

There is an small misprint:

image.thumb.png.0cdfc5f591d778c885dd2751f8206b7b.png

I was trying to test but I could not do it properly:

- no access to settings options in the back office

- I can not place an order (in free order stripe button do not works so order is not finished) to see how emails are

My two cents to improve checkout: as I tried to place an order i used the checkout. If that helps, It was very difficult to find how to modify the cart. The "done" is not very intuitive, and in addition it dissapear when the mouse is not on the section. I would just avoid the "done" and directly accept modifications or make a very visible button that says "confirm modification"

image.thumb.png.03e1693bc8c4f2b8e703b013d890a8f4.png

On 3/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, rubben1985 said:

I installed your tool (very interesting) and It seems i have all this extra files:
Extra file: /classes/cache/CacheApc.php    
Extra file: /classes/cache/CacheXcache.php    
Extra file: /classes/db/DbMySQLi.php    
Extra file: /classes/db/MySQL.php    
Extra file: /classes/order/OrderDiscount.php    
Extra file: /classes/PaymentModule.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/cleantalk.custom.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/example.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/JSON.php    
Extra file: /classes/cleantalk/cleantalk.class.php    
Extra file: /controllers/admin/AdminRangePriceController.php    
Extra file: /controllers/admin/AdminRangeWeightController.php

none of them are useful/requested? for example cleantalk is not a module but an antispam tool.

Can I delete them without any problem?

you should delete all of those.

Take PaymentModule.php file as an example.

Thirtybees contain class with this name in /classes/module/PaymentModule.php. When any code want to use PaymentModule class, thirtybees autoloader will scan /classes/* directory and will look for a file named PaymentModule.php. You have two files with the same name - which one will be loaded is undefined.

Maybe you will be lucky, and the correct one from /classes/module/PaymentModule will be loaded. In that case, everything is fine, and your system will work OK.

But it's also possible that the /classes/PaymentModule.php will be loaded instead. This file probably contains some very old (prestashop 1.6) version of PaymentModule class. Maybe it will work with current tb, maybe not. I don't know. But it's a very dangerous situation.

I don't know about cleantalk. I don't know this software, but I would stay clear from any that 'patches' thirtybees core.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, rubben1985 said:

There is an small misprint:

Thanks. Typical copy and paste issue 🙂

• Like 2