thirty bees forum

[MODULE] Enhance your template with a simple click

Mediacom87

Hi,

This is the last module of my production.

This one addresses the biggest concern of any website owner, performance.

So I decided to produce a useful and very easy to use module, within the reach of the uninitiated.

This module will be able to intervene on 4 points in total independence:

• Application of Lazy Loading native to modern browsers
  • Activate LazyLoading for all old browsers
  • Preloading of pages before their visit at the request of the visitor
  • Preconnection to external services

This can be scary for everyone, so I have attached a very comprehensive FAQ that should answer all questions from users of this module.

For those of you who already know my productions, you know that I attach great importance to consistency and simplicity so that everyone can take full advantage of their PrestaShop.

Here, the module installs itself and does not touch the source code of your site but manages to work before the page is displayed, so for the Lazy Loading, all the images of your site will be processed even if they are not integrated in your Template which can integrate this method of loading images using javascript, which is less efficient since the processing takes place on the client side after the content is created.

couv_addons_new_en.thumb.jpg.1f53504d722ce07103c48aec2d476f8b.jpg

couv_addons_01.thumb.jpg.f8d80a324cfcd18c591a16f19502b3af.jpg

couv_addons_03.thumb.jpg.9b8f30dcaaec8fe72a1408d5b6290716.jpg

couv_addons_04.thumb.jpg.6ca95539bcdc03fa701809bbb5a1bc89.jpg

couv_addons_05.thumb.jpg.c45ffaa9805aa39ff6e1d07fd3f13db6.jpg

couv_addons_06.thumb.jpg.d201aae8bf79ee84f417deffbac529e7.jpg

couv_addons_07.thumb.jpg.be8bf565272f486a7dec58f9cafb2747.jpg

couv_addons_08.thumb.jpg.ad2914503fbbccf75ce1ae8aafe93f9c.jpg

Edited by Mediacom87
  • Like 1

2.0.0 - 11/26/2021

• Removed the option to shift the loading of images to the end of the page loading because this option was causing problems with some modules
  • Improved page preloading script on link hovering
  • Improved LazyLoading by removing the option on the first image of the site
  • Added an option to allow older or incompatible browsers to use the native LazyLoading feature like Safari
  • Added an option to add dimensions to all images that do not have them in your site code
  • Improvements to the FAQ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2.2.0 - 12/09/2021

• Adding the test tab
  • Test the images of any url of the store to define if the native LazyLoading is active, know the dimensions of the images if they are defined or control the ALT tag
  • Test any page of the site to know the external scripts active in the code
  • Contribution to the FAQ

25 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

I looked twice and I don't see it. Whatever... If you're selling TB compatible module on TB store at least it would be nice to present it working on TB... (or PS1.6 at least...)....

Otherwise the idea is cool, let's see how it's implemented.

You're totally right, and certainly I would do that if the Thirtybees market ever explodes.

But well, the Prestashop market is for the moment leader on the subject, which explains that the demonstration is in the latest version of PrestaShop and not Thirtybees.

You don't seem to be familiar with the use of the backoffice of version 1.7, under the list of modules in Administration, you just have to click the little blue link to display the other modules ... I confess I'm not a fan of their choice of layout.

22 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

No, since this will never be representative of reality but since there is a demonstration, have fun playing this and you will certainly be disappointed.

Personally I work to improve the experience of customers not robots without means of payment.

I am not talking about how many points does this module increase in the global pagespeed scoring. I am talking how many "ms" less to load, for example (this impacts in customer experience). This only can be measured with tools not with a person loading the page manually. Basically I am asking for some tangible proof (you sell your module with words like performance and speed and this is measurable).

well I think I'll stop selling this module and just install it on my clients' sites to avoid this kind of sterile discussion.

The module offers a demonstration, you can yourself as great person make all the performance tests you want depending on the tool you prefer because if I give a result webpagetest I will talk about gtmetrix, if not page speed or server configuration or whatever.

Nobody told me about the test or analysis tools offered by the module to correct the defects of the store template or the relevance of the choice of preconnect compared to prefetch or all the documentation on all these concepts.

But you are right, I should not use some terms and just say that this module will allow to correct the lousy job done on the templates.

Stupidly I tried to propose a 1.6, TB and 1.7 demo but I think it will be useless.

Too bad, I wasted my time to try to propose a complete and educational tool for nothing.

6 hours ago, rubben1985 said:

I am not talking about how many points does this module increase in the global pagespeed scoring. I am talking how many "ms" less to load, for example (this impacts in customer experience). This only can be measured with tools not with a person loading the page manually. Basically I am asking for some tangible proof (you sell your module with words like performance and speed and this is measurable).

if a demo is provided you can see and measure the differences enabling or disabling the module options

11 minutes ago, rubben1985 said:

@Mediacom87 you really have a low tolerance to frustation and too less patience, not good qualities to be a merchant. All your answers are pasive-agressive or ironic towards people asking about your module.

Maybe you should drink a hot chocolate and sleep a little more.

On the other hand, you still haven't taken the time to do any tests and share them with others, you never gave any figures since that seems to be your problem with this module, but certainly the problem here is my attitude.

I'm not a salesman, just a craftsman trying to do his job as well as possible.

8 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

certainly the demo button is not big enough on the product presentation sheet, maybe I'll put it in the middle of the screen and blinking.

well there's no link in the original post and I don't remember the website...

1 minute ago, Beeta said:

well there's no link in the original post and I don't remember the website...

I'll put the link back when I'll have finished setting up the demos on thirtybees, ps16, ps17, modified the description that doesn't seem to be understandable by all and when everything will be clean and validated by my beta testers.

I understood that I had to improve in terms of marketing and spend less time optimizing my modules.

37 minutes ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

I just put back the link of the module and the access to the demos available on Thirtybees, Prestashop 1.6 and PrestaShop 1.7

Thanks - when trying to configure it says "You do not have permission to configure this module."