thirty bees forum

PHP4

Petter

Ubuntu 20.04 ships with PHP 7.4 as default php implementation.  What is the current status for Thirtybees vs PHP 7.4 ?

If running PHP 7.4, what problems might I Face ?

Edited by Petter
typo

16 minutes ago, Petter said:

Ubuntu 20.04 ships with PHP 4 as default php implementation.  What is the current status for Thirtybees vs PHP 4 ?

If running PHP 4, what problems might I Face ?

Not PHP 4 sureley - that is very old.

Perhaps 7.4?

Not that it does not work.

But error_log gets big very quickly.

Going to home page, than to category, adding 5 different product to cart and continue to checkout (switching address in between) results in 7,1MB big error_log file.

So during a day / or a week, that file might get very very big. 🙂

However most of the errors are related to this

array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /home/alzarac1/shop.alza-racing.com/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 1996

Edited by toplakd

PHP4 is "the next"  Ubuntu 20.04 is now released with PHP7.4 as default and I think most folks doing a new installation of Thirty Bees might consider Ubuntu 20.04 server to be used as operating system.  From a Thirty Bees perspective, PHP7.4  compability should be considered high priority. 🙂

Edited by Petter
Typo

5 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

As for today - TB does not support PHP7.4

That's not true. I'm using tb in my local installation with php7.4 without any problems.

True, there are some notices and warnings in the log. But that doesn't mean tb is incompatible with 7.4. It means that it will not be compatible with future versions of php, unless somebody addresses those warnings. 

• Like 2