thirty bees forum

Belvg Theme

AndyC

Hi All

I am trying to install a theme from Belvg but when I go to install the theme I get this error message Uploaded zip file doesn't contain config.xml file. It is not a valid theme package .. I have checked and it is a 1.6 theme and turned on debug mode but nothing showed up mode.

Any help appreciated

Well, as it specifies, config.xml is not present in the downloaded zip, unpack it, create a config.xml for it, pack it back and upload it.

If you're not willing to go through that hassle, just find another theme.

Edit:

Also you might want to make the developer of the theme aware of that.

Edited by Madbits

I exerimented with a free templatemonster theme for PS 1.6 and got the same error message.
The theme was also bundled inside a another very large bundle of guff. I solved that problem.
The error persisted and there was some hint about using some number from the confirmation email to unlock something.
At that point I lost interest!

I'd like to know how to do a config.xml file for it though, it it's quick and easy.

Edited by veganline

12 hours ago, AndyC said:

Yes I gathered that , I put the config.xml that was outside in and re-zipped it but it still failed to install 

Is this a proper config.xml I have uploaded

Config.xml 21.68 kB · 2 downloads

This file looks ok. It should be config.xml with lowercase `c`, but it shouldn't matter much.

The question is how the rest of the zip file looks like

17 hours ago, AndyC said:

I put the config.xml that was outside in and re-zipped it but it still failed to install

Unlikely theme packagers misplaced this file. More likely is what @veganline wrote: many Zip packages come with all kinds of extra stuff, one has to look as the directory structure to find out which part is the actual theme.

Every theme comes with pretty much the same set of files as both default themes. One can compare to these to find the right directory.