thirty bees forum

Payment issues : Anyone heard of this?

bhtoys

Question

Being in Canada, and not wanting to use PayPal, I use Moneris for my processing. 

Lately, people have been making orders, and then being returned to the site with nothing in their cart.
The order doesn't process, but Moneris takes their money. I then have to manually process the order for them (The cart is still there on my end). 

It happens sporadically. 

I'm using a Prestashop payment module for Moneris. I've talked to the creator of it, talked to Moneris (who "says" they're investigating it - been two weeks). 
The creator says his module works great, he tested it, and everything is as it's supposed to. 

I'm not looking for help with the module... I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and how you resolved it. 
Thanks all. 

Edited by bhtoys

13 answers to this question

Yes, I have found using Prestashop / TB for nearly 10 years that this is a thing. It is sporadic, and using different modules / payment systems.

Never got to the bottom of it as infrequent errors and next to impossible to track down. I suspect that it is caused by a momentary 'down time' of either the payment api or prestashop itself. For example when the server software is updating itself or something

On 11/11/2020 at 8:25 AM, haylau said:

Yes, I have found using Prestashop / TB for nearly 10 years that this is a thing. It is sporadic, and using different modules / payment systems.

Never got to the bottom of it as infrequent errors and next to impossible to track down. I suspect that it is caused by a momentary 'down time' of either the payment api or prestashop itself. For example when the server software is updating itself or something

April first to about a month ago. Zero issues. Since then, constant. I was considering buying a $200 module in hopes that this would correct itself, but if it's a known issue, why would I spend anymore money, or keep using this platform?

You not the only 1 that for sure. I have lost hundreds and I have proven a lot of them with emails and the customer saying they could checkout correctly.. The 3 page checkout has vastly improved things.. Been 2 years with hardly any sales..Also a shame TB doesn't pass for on site payments easily like Zencart. Things are finally looking up 

29 minutes ago, AndyC said:

You not the only 1 that for sure. I have lost hundreds and I have proven a lot of them with emails and the customer saying they could checkout correctly.. The 3 page checkout has vastly improved things.. Been 2 years with hardly any sales..Also a shame TB doesn't pass for on site payments easily like Zencart. Things are finally looking up 

I purchased a module this time instead of using a free one. Moneris said the one I purchased processes a different way - people never leave my site and thus, it should work more smoothly. $200 for it (Canadian), but if it works then it's worth it.

What rounding are you using? There is an issue in that PayPal expect rounding in a certain way, where as in TB we can adjust it

I can’t quite remember but something like they insist on rounding per line - and they do their own calculation. If you are using discounts and more than 2 decimal places and the wrong type of rounding then the future PayPal calculates does not match what TB / Prestashop is sending to them so the report back fails

There are a few discussions on the prestashop forum about this

So then it would not be a bug but more a configuration

Caused us issues because we have low value items with qty discounts so the prices never matched

• Like 1

6 hours ago, haylau said:

What rounding are you using? There is an issue in that PayPal expect rounding in a certain way, where as in TB we can adjust it

I can’t quite remember but something like they insist on rounding per line - and they do their own calculation. If you are using discounts and more than 2 decimal places and the wrong type of rounding then the future PayPal calculates does not match what TB / Prestashop is sending to them so the report back fails

There are a few discussions on the prestashop forum about this

So then it would not be a bug but more a configuration

Caused us issues because we have low value items with qty discounts so the prices never matched

Well, I'm not using paypal at all.
Site worked perfect until about a month and a half ago. 
This thread confirms it's an issue with the cart as people have used different ways of processing. The issue stems with the payment portal not returning back to the site to finalize the order. 

Hopefully the module I purchased tonight, that does everything "in house" solves this. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, haylau said:

Hope it works for you, keep us informed. If you are collecting card data on site I assume then you need to be fully PCI compliant?

The module sends the information securely to Moneris. The site then processes the order. Should there be an issue, I'll be able to take care of it without the user having an issue. I've had one order so far with it, and i know the guy - so I asked him if there was any issues and he said it worked smoother than the other one. 

Edited by bhtoys