Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

  • 0
bhtoys

Payment issues : Anyone heard of this?

Question

Being in Canada, and not wanting to use PayPal, I use Moneris for my processing. 

Lately, people have been making orders, and then being returned to the site with nothing in their cart.
The order doesn't process, but Moneris takes their money. I then have to manually process the order for them (The cart is still there on my end). 

It happens sporadically. 

I'm using a Prestashop payment module for Moneris. I've talked to the creator of it, talked to Moneris (who "says" they're investigating it - been two weeks). 
The creator says his module works great, he tested it, and everything is as it's supposed to. 

I'm not looking for help with the module... I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and how you resolved it. 
Thanks all. 

Edited by bhtoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yes, I have found using Prestashop / TB for nearly 10 years that this is a thing. It is sporadic, and using different modules / payment systems.

Never got to the bottom of it as infrequent errors and next to impossible to track down. I suspect that it is caused by a momentary 'down time' of either the payment api or prestashop itself. For example when the server software is updating itself or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yep. My solution was to completely remove the Moneris module, and install it again. Then goto the Moneris page and redo the settings. 

So far, so good.. but I hope I don't have to do this every 4 months or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A week and a half, and the issues are all back again. 

Is it a ThirtyBees issue? Others above have had the same type of problem, but not with the moneris module I have. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/11/2020 at 8:25 AM, haylau said:

Yes, I have found using Prestashop / TB for nearly 10 years that this is a thing. It is sporadic, and using different modules / payment systems.

Never got to the bottom of it as infrequent errors and next to impossible to track down. I suspect that it is caused by a momentary 'down time' of either the payment api or prestashop itself. For example when the server software is updating itself or something

April first to about a month ago. Zero issues. Since then, constant. I was considering buying a $200 module in hopes that this would correct itself, but if it's a known issue, why would I spend anymore money, or keep using this platform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Last three orders today, I've had to manually process. This is pathetic. 


If it's been happening to people for years, why hasn't this been fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You not the only 1 that for sure. I have lost hundreds and I have proven a lot of them with emails and the customer saying they could checkout correctly.. The 3 page checkout has vastly improved things.. Been 2 years with hardly any sales..Also a shame TB doesn't pass for on site payments easily like Zencart. Things are finally looking up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
29 minutes ago, AndyC said:

You not the only 1 that for sure. I have lost hundreds and I have proven a lot of them with emails and the customer saying they could checkout correctly.. The 3 page checkout has vastly improved things.. Been 2 years with hardly any sales..Also a shame TB doesn't pass for on site payments easily like Zencart. Things are finally looking up 

I purchased a module this time instead of using a free one. Moneris said the one I purchased processes a different way - people never leave my site and thus, it should work more smoothly. $200 for it (Canadian), but if it works then it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What rounding are you using? There is an issue in that PayPal expect rounding in a certain way, where as in TB we can adjust it

I can’t quite remember but something like they insist on rounding per line - and they do their own calculation. If you are using discounts and more than 2 decimal places and the wrong type of rounding then the future PayPal calculates does not match what TB / Prestashop is sending to them so the report back fails

There are a few discussions on the prestashop forum about this

So then it would not be a bug but more a configuration

Caused us issues because we have low value items with qty discounts so the prices never matched

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, haylau said:

What rounding are you using? There is an issue in that PayPal expect rounding in a certain way, where as in TB we can adjust it

I can’t quite remember but something like they insist on rounding per line - and they do their own calculation. If you are using discounts and more than 2 decimal places and the wrong type of rounding then the future PayPal calculates does not match what TB / Prestashop is sending to them so the report back fails

There are a few discussions on the prestashop forum about this

So then it would not be a bug but more a configuration

Caused us issues because we have low value items with qty discounts so the prices never matched

Well, I'm not using paypal at all.
Site worked perfect until about a month and a half ago. 
This thread confirms it's an issue with the cart as people have used different ways of processing. The issue stems with the payment portal not returning back to the site to finalize the order. 

Hopefully the module I purchased tonight, that does everything "in house" solves this. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hope it works for you, keep us informed. If you are collecting card data on site I assume then you need to be fully PCI compliant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, haylau said:

Hope it works for you, keep us informed. If you are collecting card data on site I assume then you need to be fully PCI compliant?

The module sends the information securely to Moneris. The site then processes the order. Should there be an issue, I'll be able to take care of it without the user having an issue. I've had one order so far with it, and i know the guy - so I asked him if there was any issues and he said it worked smoother than the other one. 

Edited by bhtoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...