thirty bees forum

TB 1.1.X with Panda theme hangs on mobile phones

ALM

Question

Hello,

I noticed that my TB1.1.X mostly does not work on cell phones. I tested it with Galaxy S10+, S8, S20 and Android Tablet. Each device hangs mostly after a few seconds, sometimes however rarely I have seen it work properly. My TB1.1.X was a clean install with Panda theme. Anyway, there are no error logs on the server side. After I contacted the web host, he couldn't find any server problems either.

In my opinion, the web host can't find any problem because I have a second other domain with exactly the same configuration (clean TB1.1.X installation with Panda). At the moment I'm at the end of how to debug the problem further.

Hopefully you have some tips for identifying the root cause.

config.thumb.jpg.4b2c4348dde8248309d842f9545fb750.jpg

mobile.jpg

13 answers to this question

I don’t think it is anything to do with phones. It just hung with my on the laptop with chrome browser

But it ‘might’ be something do to with size? I open the browser and shrunk it right down and it hung. I had to close the tab to get it to work again. So something about the size of the screen??

I have similar problems and I need to close not only tab but whole browser. There is too much data in temp catalog. Many people never close tab or browser (doesn't matter what they use, mobile, PC, laptop, etc) and then all this data is stored and this just takes huge amount of memory and does nothing useful. Some users have more tabs and apps open than they have hair. But I have no idea is this related at the moment.

Problems on your website starts when max page width is under 767px and you are in the home section of your page.

Than my Firefox starts showing notice "A web page is slowing down your browser".

The tab with width over 768px is working normally where the other tab with smaller width just hangs.

Try to disable that slider module you are using, to see if the problem stays.

As if I load some other page other than home, the problem is not there and site works normally,

but when going back to home, the problem reappears  so it must be something with the home page and most likely with the slider.

Edited by toplakd

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback. My findings are that it works in Edge, Mozilla and Chrome on PC (Windows 10PRO 64 Bit), even for resolution below 767px.

For mobile it hangs most of the time. Also, the slider is disabled for the mobile version.

Any tool recommendations for debugging on mobile android?