thirty bees forum

Multiple feature values - Looking for testers

datakick

10 minutes ago, datakick said:

That's correct. If you migrate from 1.2, just make sure the db is migrated properly, see the first post in this thread.

Then, you can enable multiple values for individual features, and that's all.

Cool, thank you. So when you say enable multiple values for individual features I assume there's no switch or toggle for that? And that it happens automatically? 

3 minutes ago, Theo said:

Cool, thank you. So when you say enable multiple values for individual features I assume there's no switch or toggle for that? And that it happens automatically? 

Please re-read the first post of this thread. You will see image there that showcase this option -- on individual features, you can enable 'Allow multiple values' functionality.

2 hours ago, datakick said:

Please re-read the first post of this thread. You will see image there that showcase this option -- on individual features, you can enable 'Allow multiple values' functionality.

Ah, perfect, thank you 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong but

• Cake Big,
    Cake Medium,
    Cake Small.
  • Cake  Chocolate,
    Cake Plain.

Those are combinations

Cake ingredients are different. You can use the "features" system to list them all as a "data sheet". You'd translate that or change the wording somehow.

You don't want to anticipate lots of ingredients. It's easier just to call them all "ingredients" with multiple feature values

Combinations are different (physical) products. Imagine you sell a t-shirt in different colors. Like: Red, Blue, Green ...

Multiple features is (always) the same product. Imagine you want to list the material your t-shirt contains. Like: 80% cotton, 10% polyester, 5% bla ...

So combinations means that a customer needs to select it, while ordering (otherwise you don't know what to ship). Combinations can also have impact on a price. For multiple features this is both not relevant...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, datakick said:

Note that for this to work, you will need to go to core updater DB schema, and fix the primary key index in tb_feature_product table:

image.png.6a591e32b3aac9a88a709ad01a985501.png

Hello Peter,

Where to find this fix for primary key index? Nothing found in DATABASE SCHEMA core updater.

I cannot create new product features.

feature (Unknown column 'allows_multiple_values' in 'field list')

Edited by Adik

9 hours ago, Adik said:

Hello Peter,

Where to find this fix for primary key index? Nothing found in DATABASE SCHEMA core updater.

I cannot create new product features.

It must be in the core updater Database Schema. If not, please show screenshot, and also try to run this query:

SHOW CREATE TABLE tb_feature;

Please change type for field `id_shop_group` in object model `Configuration`, or set specific `dbType`
Details

PrestaShopException: Please change type for field `id_shop_group` in object model `Configuration`, or set specific `dbType` in /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/schema/builder/ObjectModelSchemaBuilder.php:549
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/schema/builder/ObjectModelSchemaBuilder.php(371): CoreUpdater\ObjectModelSchemaBuilder->getColumnDataType(Array, 'Configuration', 'id_shop_group')
#1 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/schema/builder/ObjectModelSchemaBuilder.php(190): CoreUpdater\ObjectModelSchemaBuilder->processField('Configuration', 'id_shop_group', Array, Object(CoreUpdater\TableSchema), Object(CoreUpdater\TableSchema), NULL, Object(CoreUpdater\DatabaseCharset))
#2 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/schema/builder/ObjectModelSchemaBuilder.php(134): CoreUpdater\ObjectModelSchemaBuilder->processModel('Configuration', Array)
#3 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/schema/builder/ObjectModelSchemaBuilder.php(78): CoreUpdater\ObjectModelSchemaBuilder->processObjectModels()
#4 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(900): CoreUpdater\ObjectModelSchemaBuilder->getSchema()
#5 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(676): AdminCoreUpdaterController->getDatabaseDifferences()
#6 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(647): AdminCoreUpdaterController->processAction('GET_DATABASE_DI...')
#7 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(613): AdminCoreUpdaterController->ajaxProcess('GET_DATABASE_DI...')
#8 [internal function]: AdminCoreUpdaterController->performPostProcess()
#9 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/classes/ErrorHandler.php(70): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/modules/coreupdater/controllers/admin/AdminCoreUpdaterController.php(599): CoreUpdater\ErrorHandler->handleErrors(Array)
#11 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/classes/controller/Controller.php(199): AdminCoreUpdaterController->postProcess()
#12 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/classes/Dispatcher.php(852): ControllerCore->run()
#13 /var/www/my_domain/public_html/pass_XYZ/index.php(63): DispatcherCore->dispatch()
#14 {main}

tb_error_1.jpg