thirty bees forum

Manual price not respected when manually creating a new order for articles with special prices

30knees

Question

Running latest bleeding edge, 1.3.0-main.

I am manually creating an order for a product that has a special price of eg. 10 Euro when 6 or more items are being bought.

I'd like to specify a different price for this order. So I enter a different price on the manual order page in the backend after choosing the customer and the product. However, the system doesn't accept the manual price; it keeps the special price. 

17 answers to this question

On 6/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, Smile said:

I have noticed this also with I think discounts for customer groups. It keeps fluid I think it is clear why als you also do a order line change it checks all the prices. Maybe we can improve it @datakick

Do you happen to know whether this is making it into the newest version / whether there's a fix we can apply already now? 

Edited by 30knees

Also, and this may be of relevance for the problem, there is a weird interaction where special prices apply to "all combinations" instead of to individual variants. For example, if I have 

• 3% discount starting at 3 units for all variants and all customer groups
  • Fixed price of EUR 27 for variant A and for wholesalers

and I create an order for a wholesaler who takes 8x variant A all is good. (But not vice versa ie 3% discount for a specific variant and a fixed price for all variants.)

If I have 

• 3% discount starting at 3 units for all variants and all customer groups
  • Fixed price of EUR 27 for all variants and for wholesalers

and I create an order for a wholesaler who takes 8x variant A the fixed price isn't respected, the percentage is somehow added on top or taken from the non-wholesale price.

Edited by 30knees

On 6/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, Smile said:

I have noticed this also with I think discounts for customer groups. It keeps fluid I think it is clear why als you also do a order line change it checks all the prices. Maybe we can improve it @datakick

@datakickWas this issue ever addressed, by any chance? 

EDIT: It's not in 1.3.

Edited by 30knees

45 minutes ago, datakick said:

I don't really know what you are talking about. Could you please describe your set up, what is expected and what is actual behaviour of the system?

Sure! This has been with thirtybees since the beginning and is still in 1.3.

I have a product variant that has a specific price of -4% when a customer takes for example 5 of them. See here:
image.thumb.png.61352824d1b2f17490d0dafd58bc6cff.png

Problem: The specific prices override any attempt at manually setting the price when I manually create an order in the backend using "Add new order".

For example, maybe because it's a special customer, I'd like to give them a one time price of 1 Euro per item for instead of the normal price of -4% for 5pcs.

So I enter a different price on the manual order page in the backend after choosing the customer and the product. However, the system doesn't accept the manual price for the 5pcs I'd like this order to have. Instead, it reverts to the the special price of -4% for 5pcs.

I see that @Smile commented he has the same problem with specific prices for customer groups.

26 minutes ago, 30knees said:

Sure! This has been with thirtybees since the beginning and is still in 1.3.

I have a product variant that has a specific price of -4% when a customer takes for example 5 of them. See here:
image.thumb.png.61352824d1b2f17490d0dafd58bc6cff.png

Problem: The specific prices override any attempt at manually setting the price when I manually create an order in the backend using "Add new order".

For example, maybe because it's a special customer, I'd like to give them a one time price of 1 Euro per item for instead of the normal price of -4% for 5pcs.

So I enter a different price on the manual order page in the backend after choosing the customer and the product. However, the system doesn't accept the manual price for the 5pcs I'd like this order to have. Instead, it reverts to the the special price of -4% for 5pcs.

I see that @Smile commented he has the same problem with specific prices for customer groups.

I can't reproduce this behaviour. 

The system defaults to reduced price, but still accepts custom unit price. Even if I then change quantity, it works as expected.

Do you have override for

• AdminCartController
  • SpecificPrice
  • Cart

??

On 2/8/2023 at 11:52 AM, 30knees said:

No, no overrides. I'll check again after the update to 1.4 and report back.

Nope, still the same problem with 1.4.

This is the standard price when I add the product in the backend in the "create new order" page:

image.png.ac159be871fd06857329873047d157ef.png

If I enter 7.245 or 9.245 and move outside the price field, the price immediately jumps back to 8.245.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, 30knees said:

Nope, still the same problem with 1.4.

This is the standard price when I add the product in the backend in the "create new order" page:

image.png.ac159be871fd06857329873047d157ef.png

If I enter 7.245 or 9.245 and move outside the price field, the price immediately jumps back to 8.245.

I did a test on TB 1.5.0 bleeding edge. You can enter any product price for an order created in BO.

test.png

3 hours ago, e-com said:

I did a test on TB 1.5.0 bleeding edge. You can enter any product price for an order created in BO.

test.png

Just to make sure we're understanding the same thing. This is not about changing the price after the order was created. This is about changing the price during order creation when there is a specific price for quantities (eg 2x = 10% off) and you're creating an order with that quantity.

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

Just to make sure we're understanding the same thing. This is not about changing the price after the order was created. This is about changing the price during order creation when there is a specific price for quantities (eg 2x = 10% off) and you're creating an order with that quantity.

Yes, I change price of the product when creating a BO order.
Standard price of this product is 10 EUR, in order I change it to 9.98
Order saves correctly.

2023-02-21_10-48.png