thirty bees forum

[Datakick] Chex - Immediate display of all fields in the shopping cart

Herrosik

Question

We have purchased the Chex module from @datakick for some time and have been using it in our store. Compared to the previous shopping cart we can definitely see an improvement, especially on the desktop (on mobile the CR has also increased, but slightly). However, while analyzing the behavior of customers in the shopping cart via heatmaps and recording, we noticed that a part of them feel lost/suspicious when they have to enter their email address first before other fields are displayed, and we are keen to improve this aspect and eventually make an A/B test.

With this in mind, I would like to ask you for help in implementing a modification that would show all fields at once, without the need to enter the email address first. Have any of you already modified Chex this way for your needs? I would appreciate any advice on how I can get this effect.

I'm attaching screenshots showing how the shopping cart currently looks (just the email address field) and how I'd like it to look (all fields immediately visible).

after.png

before.png

13 answers to this question

It's not possible. The email address is required to distinguish between returning and new customers. Flow for different kind of customers are very different. For example, with returning customers you can choose between existing addresses, you don't have to enter account related information again, etc. 

@datakick thanks for the reply. We've modified Chex a bit, so it doesn't require people to create an account on our website, and we're generally not forcing people to do it in any way, so there are very few clients which have accounts. Moreover, we sell products, which people buy in vast majority only once, therefore the problem with distinguishing between returning and new customers should not happen in our case.

Regarding the abovementioned, I would imagine a solution in which Chex mechanically shows all the fields in the default configuration (for the new client, 99%+ in our case) and eventually, after recognizing account, fields are getting changed (it will happen very rarely in our case). The same thing is happening now in the background (as far as I understand), I would just like to show that to the client. Do you see any smart option to implement such a workaround?

• Like 1

@datakick I understand, it's a real pity, as this would certainly be an excellent feature.

Please let me know if you would be able to at least hint how we could implement a small fix to autovalidation that would remove unnecessary spaces from the "zip code" and "email address" fields? We've been getting a lot of calls lately where customers are having trouble placing an order because a single unnecessary space is getting in, and as you know - some will call us and make the final transaction, and some will just leave the page.

• Like 1

@datakick could you please tell me, whether is it possible to implement an autofill for Chex? On mobile devices, this would greatly enhance the experience, speed of filling out the form, and reduce potential typos and address errors.

If it would be possible, please suggest how we could do it on our side.

7 minutes ago, Herrosik said:

@datakick could you please tell me, whether is it possible to implement an autofill for Chex? On mobile devices, this would greatly enhance the experience, speed of filling out the form, and reduce potential typos and address errors.

If it would be possible, please suggest how we could do it on our side.

It's not possible with the current version. In next version you will be able to specify autocomplete type for each entry field input

4 hours ago, DRMasterChief said:

One question is how to always display the field 'edit' in the cart.  It is very confusing for most of the customers when they can not change the qty. in an easy way. One step for an improvement can be to show this field instantly. Thank you for an hint on this !! 

CSS only required. I use this:

In preferences > custom code

/* change cart edit to always on in chex  */

.chex-edit {

flex-grow: 0;

flex-shrink: 0;

font-size: 14px;

transition: opacity 400ms ease;

opacity: 1;

color: red;}

• Like 1

Yeeha!  Thank you, works great.

I am sure one can also add this in the folder  themes/mytheme/css/autoload/custom.css  ?

I have this file and some overrides in it, so everything will be in one place...

To change color of the input fields  (only for information for further askers):

.chex-input-label {
    font-size: 12px;
    margin: 10px 0px 5px;
    padding: 0px;
    font-weight: 400;
    color: #ff6666;}

.chex-input input::placeholder {
    color: #BD6C82;}
.chex-input textarea::placeholder {
    color: #bada55;}