thirty bees forum

Prestashop 1.6.1.28

e-com

This is what I found interesting: https://eoliashop.com/prestashop-new

I have installed for testing on localhost. There are a lot of bugs on PHP 7.4, and it is completely incompatible with PHP 8. But there are a few interesting solutions to implement into thirty bees.
Or maybe someone knows this guy Eolia and can persuade him to join the thirty bees project, rather than agonising over prestashop himself ๐Ÿ™‚

On 12/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, e-com said:

This is what I found interesting: https://eoliashop.com/prestashop-new

I have installed for testing on localhost. There are a lot of bugs on PHP 7.4, and it is completely incompatible with PHP 8. But there are a few interesting solutions to implement into thirty bees.
Or maybe someone knows this guy Eolia and can persuade him to join the thirty bees project, rather than agonising over prestashop himself ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't know him personally and haven't used his version. But he is an experienced PS Dev and seems to invest a lot of time. So we would surely benefit, if he joins our community (and I guess he would benefit too).

On 12/12/2022 at 2:14 AM, e-com said:

Prestashop 1.6 is only compatible with PHP 7.2, and there are still a lot of incompatibility errors with PHP 7.4 in this fork by Eolia.

Hello,

Can you tell me what is not PHP 7.4 compatible in this version please?

For info the latest (1.6.1.30) is being tested and is PHP8.1 compatible here https://presta.devcustom.net/fr/
BO: https://presta.devcustom.net/admin735kwefqu/index.php
demo@demo.net / demo@demo.net

Changelog 1.6.1.28

BASKET
- Ability to block (make unmodifiable) a basket on its product content (Useful when sending a payment link with products or free shipping)
- Also blocking of the basket when choosing a payment method (Anti-fraud)
- Blocked baskets can be unblocked ("duplicated") by the customer to allow their modification

FEATURES
- Removal and integration of "customs" values as new values, automatically
- Possibility to make visible/invisible characteristics in FO
- Addition of the parameter position for the values of characteristics (Useful to classify numerical values for example)
- Addition of the Icon parameter for each value (Allows to display pictograms in FO)

after-sales service
- Use of configurable predefined responses
- Addition of multiple attachments from the BO (See to add this feature in the order pages as well)
- Transfer of a thread to another service (Customer service, transport, advice,...)
- Added delete button

WAREHOUSES
- Ability to use warehouses and locations without activating advanced stocks

ORDERS
- Possibility of adding a specific note related to the order
- Possibility to create a free order in BO (free_order)
- Possibility to delete the carrier step for a defined group (Sale on site in store for example)
- Replacement of GoogleMap (paid) by Leaflet
- Possibility to generate proforma invoices as long as the order is not paid (Bank transfer, draft, check, etc.)

PDF
- Default view in the browser rather than systematic download
- Modification of mass editing processing (Generates a zip of all individual invoices rather than a global display)

SETTINGS
- Removed server cache options and other unnecessary exotic tweaks
- Added priority choice when several catalog rules can apply
- Addition of the choice of the application of basket rules on products already discounted
- Possibility of moving out-of-stock products to the end of the list for FO listings
- Possibility to display or not Brands OR/AND Suppliers
- Removed dependency on api.prestashop for currency update

PRODUCTS
- Addition of statistics by product on product page (and on dashboard with possibility of export)
- Online editor of image captions (Each field can be modified live)
- Ability to edit a specific price (instead of having to delete and recreate it)
- Update packs when adding stock of products belonging to these packs
- Addition of the "Catch phrase" field available for the product object in FO
- Fixed clearing of mini images in multi-shop
- Ability to generate WEBP images if your server allows it

PRODUCT CUSTOMIZATIONS:
- Simplified addition of elements (text or file)
- Possibility of deletion by element
- Added price impact per customization item. Requires adjustment of some theme files (blockcart and summary) for better rendering
- Management of specific related prices
- Refactoring of existing code

RESEARCH
- Optimization of indexing and engine
- Added search by reference first

TRANSPORTATION
- Removal of the dangerous free option in: Transport -> Preferences (Using a basket rule allows you to be more precise and selective)
- Fixed delay display in bootstrap theme (not included by default in {foreach} loop in order-carrier-advanced.tpl, order-carrier.tpl and order-carrier-opc-advanced.tpl)

CLIENTS
- BO: Display of the last 10 baskets, products seen and maximum orders (Possibility to load more in Ajax) to avoid too long page loads for customer accounts with a large history
- BO: Ability to send messages (predefined or not) from the Customer page

GROUPS
- Ability to assign all categories to a group in one click

STORES
- Management of "store" type addresses as real addresses (useful for store delivery address on invoices)
- Removed dependency on Google for displaying maps (replaced by Leaflet) - stores.tpl, stores.js and stores.css to be updated in your theme

F.O.
- Fancybox plugin loading by default
- Protection of forms with email

MODULES
- Added displayInformation() function

ADMIN
- Notifications if another employee is logged on the same page being edited (can be disabled)
- Instant messaging between employees

WEBSERVICE API
- Addition of the handleAddWebserviceResources hook (Allows you to manage the webservice from a module and generate your own requests)

Changelog 1.6.1.29
- Complete fix of the core code and modules for PHP 8 compatibility (Including the update of TCPDF and HTMLPURIFIER among others)
- Possibility of variations on virtual products
- Fix on the DB.php class of the Autoupgrade module
- Fixes on Guest.php and Connection.php (to stop saving bot logs)
- Fix on Cartrule.php (erroneous calculation of the total amount of the cart, cart rules deducted, when checking the minimum required)
- Checking the validity of addresses when creating a BO order or reOrder from an existing basket/order
- Re-write of the blockRss module (which used an obsolete xml_parser class since 2012)
- Adaptation of the Blocklayered module (keeps the selections after reloading the page and offers a display sorted by sub-categories)
- Fix to prevent duplicate payments generated by some payment modules in case of simultaneous returns
- Update of OS and Browsers detection (automatic update)
- Standardization of telephone numbers

Changelog 1.6.1.30
- Direct editing of reference fields, EAN13 and UPC for combinations
- Batch management (DDB) with quantities and expiry dates
- Finer management of redirections for deactivated products (to another product, parent category or home page, permanently or temporarily)
- Multi-word search in BO
- Addition of the TARIC (Customs Nomenclature) field for products
- Ability to delete a payment without a transaction ID
- Display of the details of packs and combinations in the list of products in the order
- Display of the reduction by product line if discount made
- Additional tests carried out for PHP8 compatibility (in debug mode: Notices & warning) and fixes made
- Refactoring of the paymentModule.php code with moving the mail sending part to orderHistory.php and saving the 1st state before the call to the validateOrder hook (Avoid stateless orders if the hook crashes)

• Like 3

@Eolia, what do you think of combining both projects under TB? Would you consider merging your editions here?

And one more question don't you think PrestaShop could not be very happy that you continue to use their name? I believe those releases are unofficial, right?

Edited by the.rampage.rado

Personally it's not my idea.
I became interested in Prestashop in 2009 for several reasons:
- Open Source
- French CMS (like me)
- An active community
- Many possibilities of code and plugins

Since 2015 the dialog with the team has been broken (changes of team, line of conduct, arbitrary choices)
Since Prestashop was taken over by a large Italian logistics company, we feel that they are moving towards a pay-as-you-go SAS type solution as Shopify.
All my customers are in 1.6 and are worried about their maintenance, so I decided to pick up where Prestashop left off.
I am also one of the latest active contributors to the forum.

I do not wish to abandon this community in favor of another.

For me the 2 projects are viable in parallel with, each one, his community :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, Eolia said:

I am also one of the latest active contributors to the forum.

You are not alone ๐Ÿ˜‰

On 12/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, Eolia said:

For me the 2 projects are viable in parallel with, each one, his community ๐Ÿ™‚

Totally agree with this.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:26 PM, nickz said:

It is more about your modules which are unable to work in 7,4

Which modules?

ย 

• Like 1