thirty bees forum

CoreUpdater and PHP version

312erik123

Hello,

I get this message in "Advanced Parameters>Configuration Information": "Your server is running on PHP version 7.4.33. You should use core updater and fix your installation". My TB is built for 7.2.

I've tried to upgrade to bleeding edge - still the same message. Tried to set the option "Target PHP version" to 7.4 and update but still the same...

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

On 3/17/2023 at 11:12 PM, 312erik123 said:

Hello,

I get this message in "Advanced Parameters>Configuration Information": "Your server is running on PHP version 7.4.33. You should use core updater and fix your installation". My TB is built for 7.2.

I've tried to upgrade to bleeding edge - still the same message. Tried to set the option "Target PHP version" to 7.4 and update but still the same...

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

In settings part of the modules you can choose target php version.

Or leave it on "server version".

32 minutes ago, 312erik123 said:

Changing the permission did make the updater change a lot of files, but settings.conf.php still says that tb is built for 7.2…anyway to check if the upgrade is made besides this file?

That's strange.

Try to manually edit settings.inc.php and change value of _TB_BUILD_PHP_ to 7.4

Then go to core updater and try update. It will probably display something funny (manual modifications warnings, etc), but you can ignore these and perform the update. 

Look to file /vendor/composer/platform_check.php

It should start with something like this:

<?php

// platform_check.php @generated by Composer

$issues = array();

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70400)) {
    $issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

This is the stop-gag measure that prevents your store to run on older / non-supported versions of PHP. If it says 7.4, you are good

Works! Perfect, many thanks!

checked my backup site, it also hade 7.4 in the platform_check file before any changes/updates. So I guess settings.conf.php wasnt being updated, but the rest of the system was

Edited by 312erik123
  • Like 1