thirty bees forum

Bug: Status changes sometimes lead to incorrect stock changes

30knees

Question

In my tb 1.4 I've found that this happens:

1) Order is made, stock is substracted --> Correct

2) Order is cancelled, stock is added --> Correct

3) Order is "reactivated", eg moved to "waiting for bank payment", stock is not substracted again --> Incorrect, stock should be subtracted

4) Order is cancelled, stock is added again --> Incorrect because stock was not substracted under 3).

Note: This also happens if the status was first moved to "cancelled" (stock added) and then "some status" (stock not subtracted) and then again "cancelled" (stock added).

Is this confirmed in other installations?

7 answers to this question

Hard to say. I use a customized version. Also your information is not enough to say for sure.

• Are you using advanced stock management? 
  • Where are you looking at the quantity?

Cause in tb there is not just one "quantity". There is a difference between physical and real quantity (it's even more complex, but I don't go into details here). If "waiting for bank payment" is set up correctly. The real quantity should go down, but the physical should stay. 

I'm not sure exactly what condition in each status makes takes or adds quantity but in order to 'reactivate' an order please try the following sequence:

Customer orders -> Order is on Preparation in process (quantity is substracted) -> You cancel the order for whatever reason with Canceled (Order is added to available quantity) -> you want to renew the order, puting it back on Preparation in Process (quantity is subtracted again) -> you assign bank payment, Waiting for bank payment (no quantity changes, email for bank payment is sent out) -> you continue as you wish (Completed or Canceled)

In general I believe some of them are internal statuses that even don't send email to the customer, in this case Waiting for bank payment is not intended to subtract stock. But I don't know what checkmark makes the subtraction (probably Consider the associated order as validated.)

17 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

But I don't know what checkmark makes the subtraction (probably Consider the associated order as validated.)

This was it (partially). I tested change of status and quantities in the backend and it all depends on whether the status has this flag set.

However, checking "Consider the associated order as validated" does not have any effect if the order was submitted (and thus the status assigned) via the frontend. It only affects changes through the backend. Is this intended?

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

However, checking "Consider the associated order as validated" does not have any effect if the order was submitted (and thus the status assigned) via the frontend. It only affects changes through the backend. Is this intended?

Looks like a bug. Please create github issue with reprosteps