thirty bees forum

Website still slow after migration

spidawebs

Question

My website is still as slow as it was before the migration from prestashop.

I have another website with a clean install of thirty bees which is incredibly fast so I assume it is the result of all the extra modules I purchased when using prestashop?

What is the best thing to do? Disable all the extra modules and enable them one by one to see which ones are slowing it down?

I have redis and full page cache enabled in my settings. Is there anything else I should be doing to get the speed as fast as a clean install?

I almost wish I could just install thirty bees and transfer just my database so I don't migrate over all the crap from Prestashop, but of course that's not possible :-(

22 answers to this question

@Tomik no it's not, that is the whole problem....it is just showing the logo. If I switch maintenance on the logo moves to the middle and a message comes up saying we'll be right back.

I had to install the theme manually when I migrated as there were problems with it, so maybe there is still a glitch with the theme files somewhere?

@lesley That still doesn't work. Even when I switch back to the old theme it now doesn't work, yet it did before. Whenever I try to switch themes, I get the following error popup in a red box:

Notice on line 31 in file /home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/modules/blockrss/blockrss.php [8] Use of undefined constant _PSPEARXMLPARSERPATH - assumed 'PSPEARXMLPARSERPATH'

Warning on line 31 in file /home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/modules/blockrss/blockrss.php [2] includeonce(PSPEARXMLPARSERPATHParser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Warning on line 31 in file /home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/modules/blockrss/blockrss.php [2] includeonce(): Failed opening 'PSPEARXMLPARSERPATHParser.php' for inclusion (includepath='/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/vendor/pear/pearexception:/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/vendor/pear/consolegetopt:/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/vendor/pear/archivetar:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/modules/newsletterpro/libraries/NewsletterProphpQuery/:/home/cricket/domains/cricket-hockey.com/publichtml/test/modules/newsletterpro/libraries/NewsletterProphpQuery/plugins/')

Is this the cause of the problem?

BlockRSS isn't one of the modules installed by default. It doesn't even come with the distribution.

Still it should work if it's available on the module server, of course.

P.S.: some code of uninstalled modules is still executed as long as they're available on disk. Despite their "uninstalled" status, that's how the module mechanism works.

To entirely remove them, use the 'delete' menu entry. After that the menu should show just 'mark as favorite'.

Lesley has been helping me and has been a great help.

The problem when migrating from Prestashop was that I had so many poorly written modules with so many fixes over the years just to keep it working, that when I migrated to thirty bees, all these problems were carried over.

So rather than migrating, I'm going to do a clean install of thirty bees and then just copy over the data I need from the database. I think this is a better way of doing it if you want the true benefits of thirty bees and leave behind all the nightmares of prestashop.

@spidawebs that sounds like a great idea on just copying over the data, which I didn't think about. I've got a problem with a OPC module that messes around with my database and doesn't cleanly uninstall itself. I've also some dodgy categories on one of my websites that I had to fix with re-directs in the .htaccess. Plus there's the issue of old deleted images still being around in the system somewhere on my third website.

It would be nice to see a blog on MySQL for what you need to export / import on the database to maintain existing orders / customers / products / categories / search terms but leave out left over PrestaShop rubbish. The only downside I'd see here though is the switch from non-standard to clean urls and how that would be managed.

@DavidP I'll keep a record of everything I have to manually copy over and then post it here once I've got it working. At the moment it looks like you need to copy the product, customer, address, and order tables and the image directory. Plus of course any other tables for third party modules that you still want to use, such as Amazon & eBay.

I have a clean url's module on my prestashop store (which has been an absolute nightmare and the cause of most of my problems), but thankfully all I have to do is replicate it into the built in thirty bees settings and all my urls will be the same. If you are going from non standard to clean urls then I guess you will have to setup 301 redirects for each one.

The other way Lesley suggested to migrate was to make a clone of your prestashop store, delete all the third party modules and then do the migration. That will save you having to manually copy over all the tables and will hopefully remove all the prestashop problems. I'm going to have a crack at the first option though as I would prefer a completely clean install of thirty bees.