thirty bees forum

beesblog module cannot be installed

marci123

Question

tried several times but installation failes with an message that the module cannot be installed correctly. I am getting an error message in the modules page that the class blogrecentposts is missing in beesblog.php. Could this be the reason that installation fails? Tried with thirtybees 1.0.1 too, same error. beesblogrecentposts (Klasse fehlt in /modules/beesblog/beesblog.php)

Since the blog module doesn't seem to be active in the demo install I am wondering if somebody could sucessfully install the blog module?

24 answers to this question

I tried to installed smartblog and got the same error that the blog module could not be installed properly. When I enabled debug mode the smartblog module gave me an error message "All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL; if you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead" (this depends on the MySQL version I think) Then I changed the sql script to NOT NULL and could sucessfully install the smartblog module.

I couldn't find a sql script in the beesblog module. Could this be the same problem here? My MySQL Version is 5.7.19

[...] gave me an error message "All parts of a PRIMARY KEY [...]

Excellent idea to describe these errors. Could you also make a screenshot? Such messages usually come with additional bits around them. You can upload images right here in the forum, using the non-quick Reply.

Apparently there's a reason why this module isn't installed by default :-/

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately installing the beesblog module doesn't give me a detailed error message but only alt text Even in debug mode I couldn't get more information

I got the same message when installing smartblog. But here debug mode gave me more detailed infos: alt text

I googled it and found out that the error "All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL" seems to be related to the MySQL version. I looked for the smartblog install script and changed the instances of DEFAULT NULL to NOT NULL and could install smartblog successfully.

Now I thought this could be the problem with beesblog too but I couldn't find the install script.

There's no reason to believe that these two errors are related to each other. smartblog messes up a DB query somehow, the beesblog problem is likely something entirely different.

In the first post here you wrote about a missing class. Can you reproduce this?

And it's always a good idea to clear the autoloader cache by removing file cache/class_index.php. It'll be recreated automatically.

@Traumflug said in beesblog module cannot be installed:

In the first post here you wrote about a missing class. Can you reproduce this?

Sure, this is what I did: I tried to install beesblog module and get this error message alt text

Then in clicked on install again in the hope I would succeed if I try again. Now I am getting the error message "This module is already installed: beesblog" (but actually it is not installed) alt text

When I then visit the modules page again the error message about the missing recentpostclass appears alt text

The beesblogmodule shows in the modules list as not installed.

@lesley Did you find a solution? I am unable to install bees blog since day 1. For some reason its not getting pass the createDatabase() part. I've tried installing the module on windows and linux and also tried from the feed and from zip. All with same results.

But I am not talking about conflict with other modules. I have installed so far 10+ TB fresh installation from v1.0.0 to v1.0.3 and also I have my own TB fork. And I was unable to install the bees blog in any step of the way. Most of my tries were on windows env but I also have 2 production sites (1 migrated and 1 fresh) we no luck.

@yaniv14

And I was unable to install the bees blog

That's pretty vague. I see you committing code from time to time (thank you very much!), so I'm pretty sure you could do a first few steps into debugging this issue. For example, like equipping those failures you experience with proper error messages. And then creating a reproducible test case? That'd be nice and helpful.

I too tried with a fresh thirtybees installation - no other blog module involved - and received the same errors as described above: The following module(s) could not be installed properly: beesblog Even if I enable debug mode I do not receive any more detailed error message.

beesblog remains in an half-installed status. It is not installed but if I try to install it again I am getting the error message that the module is already installed but it won't show up in admin menu.

Just found the bug that caused that issue. I've just committed a fix for that, you can get it by replacing the content of the file: classes/ObjectModel.php with this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yaniv14/thirtybees/f7dafb9e18bb7e187734572d77c0cd25f3fb94c2/classes/ObjectModel.php

@yaniv14 I tried replacing the contents of said file with what was in your link. Unfortunately for me the problem persists.

I still get: “This module is already installed: beesblog”

And afterward when either going to the modules part of the back office or when trying to use the search field in the top left of the back office, I get the beesblogrecentposts error message others have mentioned. The only way to get that error message to go away and get back office functioning again is to go in coreFTP and remove the "beesblog" folder from modules.

Is this fix you posted only meant for certain versions of TB or certain languages? I'm close to just giving up and buying a blog module (which probably won't work either, since smartblog didn't...)

I have the same problem.

beesblog isn't installed. When i install it i get: “This module is already installed: beesblog”. Afterwards the message about missing class in blogrecentposts is shown. I also replace of my file ObjectModel.php with whta was in your link.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I just tried and in a demo installation it works. Installing module Bees Blog also installs three other modules, Bees Blog Categories, Bees Blog Popular Posts and Bees Blog Recent Posts.

If possible, try to uninstall all four modules, then reinstall them. With some luck this cleans out some garbage.

If it still doesn't work or uninstallation is impossible, one can look into database table tbmodules_ (where _tb__ is the prefix). There are all modules listed which are considered to be installed. Uninstalling means removing the entire table row. So:

• Remove all four modules as much as possible with Backoffice.
  • Remove all their table lines, if still there.
  • Clear the cache (removing everything in cache/ using the shell of FTP).
  • Try to install Bees Blog.

Can't verify this procedure myself, as it works here, but each step should be fairly safe.

You need to replace ObjectModel.php before you install the module. The fix is related to the DB tables installation of the module which fails in your case. Try deleting the module completely along with the rest of its related widgets and than installing again. @koraledrewniane In your case you might have some conflicts with similar db tables with module that comes with the warehouse theme.

One thing to note is that the latest release of this module is almost a year old. If you download it from Github https://github.com/thirtybees/beesblog/archive/master.zip you might have even better results. Some 45 commits since then.

Don't forget to delete these three co-modules before doing so. They'll get re-created from the main module, but only if they don't already exist.

Installation and even more, uninstallation, needs work. I started with this already.