thirty bees forum

Discounted shipping

CoffeeGuy

Been trying to figure this out..... If I sell a certain amount on my website, I want discounted shipping. For example, I sell coffee bags. 8 ounce each. I have the first bag as $4 shipping but if they buy 2, it's $8. I want a $2 discount on shipping with 2 bags. How the heck do I do this? I checked under shipping & carriers, and there's really no way of doing it!|

Thanks

You'll either have to adopt a weight-based shipping price model or a dollar based price model. You can set the price for each weight tier or dollar tier according to where a second bag would fit into it.

Posted (edited)

Yes, you have to choose a weight-based shipping pricing model OR a money-based pricing model, a combination of both is not possible by default.

There are modules for this, but as I've noticed, they usually don't work reliably. Be careful about spending money on it right away.

The weight-based shipping pricing model is a powerful tool. Of course, you have to keep your items (weights) up to date and maintain them. But this makes it possible to present a wide range of shipping solutions.

You don't have to use the real item weight for this.
We have e.g. 0.0001kg for most items plus then the correct weight of 1kg for other (heavy or bulky) items.

Edited by DRMasterChief

5 hours ago, datakick said:

Maybe also quantity-based cart rule that would give discount? Not exactly the same, but maybe good enough

But with this option, wouldn't they have to enter in a code directly or can it be automatic? I like this option!

8 hours ago, x97wehner said:

You'll either have to adopt a weight-based shipping price model or a dollar based price model. You can set the price for each weight tier or dollar tier according to where a second bag would fit into it.

Is this under shipping carriers?

On 5/25/2024 at 8:48 AM, DRMasterChief said:

a simple overview if found here:  https://i.sstatic.net/NvdtU.png 

and the qty. discount you can find (and set) for each item in the catalogue/items/price > discount price / add discount  (and choose from qty. 2 e.g.)

image.thumb.png.0f881a58af919c4edb912968f6597b8d.png

Looks like the quantity per item won't work for my situation because if they order one bag of this, and one of another, they don't get the discount. What would work great is if there was a category discount where if they ordered 2 items from same category, it would give them a discount. Is there an option for that?

I still can't get it!

Each of my bags are .22 kg. So if someone buys 2 bags, its .44kg of course. So this rule should work, right? It's set for .23kg, which would give the user a $1.50 discount on shipping. And if they buy a 3rd bag, thats where the .46kg rule comes in, it would be a $2 discount.  

So why am I getting this error?

image.thumb.png.902b6a30e380fd9fd26343d344165904.png

Posted (edited)

the weight has to be seemless,  e.g.  0.001 - 0.23 /  0.23 - 0.55 /  0.55 - 0.87  and so on  (just an example)

and not sure if you can use  -amount there  (i did not ever tried it)

Edited by DRMasterChief

16 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

@CoffeeGuy

It should look something like that but with weight checkmark on top (mine is price):

image.png.a5fcbed4429e6ce86f39a8f67ed10fac.png

Each column is in your case different weight, the left most is your 'standard' shipping, for each column to the right you have to enter lower cost.

THIS WORKED! PERFECT. All I got to do is add weights to all my products. THANK YOU

• Thanks 1