thirty bees forum

use 'attachments' but without attached file - how?

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello,  i want to use the field/tab  'attachments' in the product site,  but without an attached file.  I can create this as usual in BO but to attach a file there is mandatory.

We will use this tab for further product information and safety warnings,  but we have to give this in plain text form, we do not need an attached file.

How can we change this?

There is the following in global.css, can we modify here or anything else?

{if isset($features) && $features}
<!-- Data sheet 
<section class="page-product-box">
<h3 class="page-product-heading">{l s='Data sheet'}</h3>
<table class="table-data-sheet">
{foreach from=$features item=feature}
<tr class="{cycle values="odd,even"}">
{if isset($feature.value)}
<td>{$feature.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</td>
<td>{$feature.value|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</td>
{/if}
</tr>
{/foreach}
</table>
</section>
<!--end Data sheet 
{/if}

Or can we change this mandatory field for 'file' upload in BO  to non-mandatory anyhow?  What will be the best solution?

thanks for your input 👍

Edited by DRMasterChief

13 answers to this question

If you have those product sheets and warnings in pdfs you can attach them using a simple sql query to every product you want at once. So the users can download them if they need them. You can rename the 'Attachment' tab as you want in any language (Warnings, Data sheets, etc.)

Otherwise if you want to display text (or the pdf itself) on the page I would use 'additional tab' module which will hook this information based on your product preferences. Again this can be done with simple sql query if the module does not have 'mass edit' functionality. There are many additional tab modules available.

Hi,  thank you for the advise with additional tab module.  Is there a simple / native one? 

I honestly do not want to have much modules, this is the reason why i try to get done everything without module if possible.  We do not use the standard theme and so i dont want to risk any errors with modules.

The thing is, that we definitely WILL NOT attach as a pdf.

There is a new regulation in EU named GPSR (product safety regulation) and we are forced to give this information as simple text near other description.

There is no native module unfortunately.

If you want this information to be visible on page load I would suggest adding it to the Description field of every product.

If you have the products grouped in certain categories you can use something similar to:

UPDATE ps_product_lang pl
JOIN ps_category_product cp ON pl.id_product = cp.id_product
SET pl.description = CONCAT(pl.description, ' <p>Additional information here.</p>')
WHERE cp.id_category IN (97, 99, 98, 104)  -- Replace with your category IDs
AND pl.id_lang = 1;  -- Replace '1' with your desired language ID

And add html content with icons, paragraphs, images, whatever you want. This way evertything already in the description field will be kept.

Of course before executing any update query - BACKUP YOUR DB!!!!

Maybe it is possible to change this mandatory field for 'file' upload in BO  to non-mandatory anyhow?  @datakick can advise?

Or is it possible to copy the actual product-information tab (and rename it) and put it into the theme file?  I am not a coder, but will try everything in test shop and already have done a lot of things for my own but i need a little help.

@Yabber i already use the functionality,  for the product description as usual.  I dont think that i have a special thing in this case?

Please see the content, it says 3 tabs  (1. is description,  2. is attachment,  3. is customization).  We do not use customization, this is just to test it.

I really need a solution to 'clone' the 1. tab or modify the 2. so there is no need to attach a file in BO.

image.png.f0272848eb9c69b4c2f7a7f06f115a37.png

Hi, for example:

product 1  //  product information tab:   nice lightweight sneaker in yellow color and bla bla...  //  new tab no.2:  contact for further details mister X.  Warning! choking hazard, don't eat the shoelaces.

product 2  //  product information tab:   big candle which can burn down your house and bla bla...  //  new tab no.2:  contact for further details mister Z.  not suitable for children under 3 years

...do you need the same tab to be visible per product, or per category - no

...you want every product to have separate 'unique' tab  - yes  🙂

...Do you need manufacturer association?  - no we do not use manufacturer and no warehouse management in thirtybees

Edited by DRMasterChief

On 10/16/2024 at 1:49 PM, DRMasterChief said:

There is a new regulation in EU named GPSR (product safety regulation) and we are forced to give this information as simple text near other description.

This is relevant for everyone in the EU and selling to the EU B2C. 

The key information that will need to provided on the product page is listed in Article 19 and is:

(a) name, registered trade name or registered trade mark of the manufacturer, as well as the postal and electronic address at which they can be contacted;

(b) where the manufacturer is not established in the Union, the name, postal and electronic address of the responsible person within the meaning of Article 16(1) of this Regulation or Article 4(1) of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020;

(c) information allowing the identification of the product, including a picture of it, its type and any other product identifier; and

(d) any warning or safety information to be affixed to the product or to the packaging or included in an accompanying document in accordance with this Regulation or the applicable Union harmonisation legislation in a language which can be easily understood by consumers, as determined by the Member State in which the product is made available on the market.

I am also thinking how best to go about this. Deadline is December 13, 2024.

I think it can broken down into:

1. Manufacturer information, which can be tied to the manufacturer association. Can be a feature or a tab.
  2. Product information, which will be unique for each product or category of products. Can be a feature or a tab or on the main page itself.

Right now, I'm thinking a powerful tab module could be easiest.

Edited by 30knees
Added deadline

Hej  @30knees yes, exactly   💥 

i already use the usual tab for the product description, of course.

The additional information according to GPSR should be clearly visible, but not lost in a long body of text.
So my idea would be to have a separate tab for this, with the manufacturer's information. We'll see whether I write warnings in there too (or directly in the product description).
Some things are still a little open in GPSR and the case law will show whether a separate tab 'can be used' for this.

We do not use a manufacturer classification in our shop, so no manufacturers are visible and therefore I will state it for each product.

I found these two modules, but I would really like to implement it WITHOUT a module:

https://www.inno-mods.io/prestashop-modules/custom-product-tabs/ (should work with tb but not sure) 
https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/product-extra-tabs-pro.html

Edited by DRMasterChief

Sometimes I feel really sorry for smaller merchants located in Germany - so much hard legislation. I'm still to hear for a case where a merchant was fined about GDPR in Bulgaria. Cookies? What is this!? Just put some stupid banner and don't bother to check its functionality if it really blocks them.

Regarding the quoted Article:

Without being a lawyer I would do the following:
1. Make a nicely titled CMS page and attach it to footer - in there list all manufacturers' details in the EU. For products that your company imports in EU and there is no 'dedicated' EU distributor your company is responsible for those products as an importer.
2. (c) - you already have those in the product listing - name, image, reference number, etc.
3. (d) - I would put this short information at the end of Description tab - put all the information there and put a link to the CMS page containing general manufacturer contact information. Regarding the product information sent with the product - this should already be on your product if it complies with EU law and have some special requirements.