thirty bees forum

Mail Alerts

spidawebs

Am I missing something but where do you set the email address for the merchant to be alerted of a new order?

In PS there was a mail alerts module but this has been removed in thirty bees.

I can't find an option for this anywhere and it's a pretty basic requirement.

@spidawebs said in Mail Alerts:

Am I missing something but where do you set the email address for the merchant to be alerted of a new order?

In PS there was a mail alerts module but this has been removed in thirty bees.

I can't find an option for this anywhere and it's a pretty basic requirement.

Are you talking about Advanced Parameters - email?

0_1490307307866_advanced parameters - email.jpg

@Havouza well I'm not receiving any emails when an order is placed like I do in PS.

@alwayspaws I have my email setup correctly in there. In the logs I can see the email confirmation going to the customer but there is nothing to the merchant.

Without the Mail Alerts module I can't see how the merchant can receive a notification

• 1 year later...

I also don't receive emails for new orders. Please can you check what's wrong with the module? The test email is sent correctly (from Email settings), the module is configured as in PS but no email is sent. I'll try to restart and reinstall now and get back with more info.

EDIT: no, uninstall didn't do the trick. The customer receives email but the merchant doesn't.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi, guys!

I've upgraded another site from PS1.6 and we have this same problem. Customers receive mails but merchan doesn't. She neither receive messages from customers -the ones sent from the orders/account-.

I've uninstalled and installed again, reinitialized, activate English... nothing works.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks so much!

The original post from @Selene

Look into:

1. Advanced Parameters > E-mail -- to verify that the email wasn't really send. It's quite possible that your server actually sends it, but it gets dropped somewhere along the way. 

2. Advanced Parameters > Logs -- if the email is not send, there should be some hint in the system logs. For example information about missing template. Note that these email error log entries are logged only once, the first time thirtybees see it. That means that it may be buried somewhere deep in the log list. So look carefully. Alternatively, you can truncate tb_log table to start with clean slate. 

truncate tb_log;

• Like 1

8 hours ago, datakick said:

Look into:

1. Advanced Parameters > E-mail -- to verify that the email wasn't really send. It's quite possible that your server actually sends it, but it gets dropped somewhere along the way. 

2. Advanced Parameters > Logs -- if the email is not send, there should be some hint in the system logs. For example information about missing template. Note that these email error log entries are logged only once, the first time thirtybees see it. That means that it may be buried somewhere deep in the log list. So look carefully. Alternatively, you can truncate tb_log table to start with clean slate. 

truncate tb_log;

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your deep response!

I've seen the 1st option and the emails of Confirmation Order don't appear, so maybe is the 2nd case, but I don't know how to solve this: can you tell me wich is the template that sends this email to the merchant, so I can look for it on the file administrator/FTP?

Before, there was "Nuevo pedido" emails to the merchant:

701468326_Screenshot2019-03-21at19_01_44.thumb.png.91a480285a31119bfdd630d12f5dc3a7.png

After our migration, those mails aren't here:

283710222_Screenshot2019-03-21at19_02_00.thumb.png.3730ecba6ade6787012265575b3937c6.png

As customer, I do receive that Confirmation Order, but not as Merchant:

1128653904_Screenshot2019-03-21at19_03_59.thumb.png.3c2ed943ad295f1d451d80b4ae559e82.png

Thank you so much!!

Maybe @Rafael Calero can help a little, is for @Selene

Edited by danwarrior

On 3/24/2017 at 6:34 PM, spidawebs said:

@Havouza well I'm not receiving any emails when an order is placed like I do in PS.

@alwayspaws I have my email setup correctly in there. In the logs I can see the email confirmation going to the customer but there is nothing to the merchant.

Without the Mail Alerts module I can't see how the merchant can receive a notification

correct! the mail alert module is not included in the TB default install, but it is a free module that you can download here: https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/mail-alerts

install the module, and make your configuration.. hope this helps.