thirty bees forum

I'm going to create a free module

datakick

Hi guys,

it's the end of year and I've decided to contribute a little bit more to the opensource community. So I will start next year by creating a free thirtybee module.

Of course, I would like to create something that people actually use. In order to do so, I need your help to decide what module to develop - just go this poll and either vote for existing idea, or suggest your own.

I will start working on the winning idea at the start of the year. I plan to spend ~14 days developing the module. That's plenty of time to create something cool. And hopefully useful. The question is - what?

Petr

• Like 1

@wakabayashi that's actually someone else's suggestion. I guess it means product review module + some mechanism to ask customers for review in exchange for store credit / voucher - either as part of checkout process, or via email or in customer's section.

@datakick oh cool.

Sorry it's a bit offtopic: My view on points is a bit different. I think it's better to have a module "customer points". This modules handles the points. There you can define, what users get for the points and so on. This module would offer an action hook, which can be used from other modules. Like a review module. But could also be an Image Upload module or a testimonial module. You see my point?

Back to your offer. I would appreciate a nice product review module as well ;)

Wow, thanks in advance! I wish there were more ppl like you ;) I just voted but I'm curious if it is possible someone to develop a module which forces customers to choose attributes when clicking add to cart button. It is many times discussed in ps forums and I know there is feature request here also with many votes, but not approved last I visited the feature request section.

@wakabayashi said in I'm going to create a free module:

@datakick very nice idea! what is meant with "Points for Reviews module"?

Get points for doing a review. Like maybe X points per Y chars. Or maybe just a flat X points per review, I dunno. By 'points' I mean the same points one earns when they buy something, loyalty points. They can then be turned into a voucher..

I don't care how it gets done, I just wanna be able to offer loyalty points for a review. :) The stock review module is fine with me... Just let me offer points for a review and I'll be a happy camper. I think this will help a lot of sites to get more reviews, however it's accoplished.

The idea is to have a flexible system, which can reward different events. You ask for the event "review". Other merchants want to give points for a "newsletter signup". That's why the points feature, shouldn't be integrated in the review module. It needs to me a standalone module, which offers a hook, that can be used by other module devs. I hope that is technically possible!?

@datakick yeah I agree. But I sounds like a little effort for them, or not?

1. They check if the "Reward Module" is installed.
  2. If its installed, they show a tab in backoffice where merchant can set up the "points" for the action. Let'y say X points for a review.
  3. When a review is approved/posted the "review module" returns an array to the actionhook.

If it works like that, it's doesn't cost the dev a lot of time. It all depends if the "Reward Module" is requested by a lot of merchants.

@wakabayashi it would be even simpler. The third-party module would simply tell what events it can emit, and then trigger these events when they atually happen.

How many loyalty points this event will generate to the end user, if any, will depend on configuration of reward module itself. Merchant could say that review events are worth 100 points whereas referral events would be ignored.

@mockob said in I'm going to create a free module:

Wow, thanks in advance! I wish there were more ppl like you ;) I just voted but I'm curious if it is possible someone to develop a module which forces customers to choose attributes when clicking add to cart button. It is many times discussed in ps forums and I know there is feature request here also with many votes, but not approved last I visited the feature request section.

How do you like this one: https://clean.genzo.ch/de/gifts/soap

Btw: I don't think this can be done nicely with a module... It should be done by restructering the core code, but this won't be possible. It would probbaly break a lot of things. So I the only solution I see, is to use dirty methods in the theme :D

@wakabayashi thanks for the suggestion. I don't find it quite professional to be able to choose "please choose" from the drop down list :) What about if I have combination of features, size and color for example? And what if any of the products becomes with zero quantity, what message will be displayed if I translated already the corresponding warning message with something else? If it is impossible to be made other way I will be forced to use such hack but I really hope there will be more intelligent solution which will not make me add additional features and maintain zero quantities of them ...