thirty bees forum

Free Module: Loyalty Points [genzo_krona]

wakabayashi

edit: removed quote

I hope by this time you have d/l, installed and messed around with this module enough to use it.  If you still have issues, I am willing to try  and help on any setup type problems you have.  I dont claim to be an expert coder or anything else for that matter, but I use this GREAT module, and am willing to try and help were I can.

@wakabayashiI'm sorry I'm not a better wordsmith, and could help get the word out somehow about this module.  I hope you have not given up on it entirely, and that you will give it a little more love in the future.  I noticed on github that you had made some mods to it about 4 months ago, I am currently running with those with no issues I'm aware of.  If you ever need me to help ya with it again, I'm game!!...

Edited by SLiCK_303

@SLiCK_303 Thanks a lot for your message. Yeah I will go back to this, but I am not totally sure how and when. Somehow the module is overloaded with features, I guess. Your help is very much welcomed. That was always very helpful for me! @datakick pointed out to me, that there as some php warnings. I wanted to fix them long time ago, but forgot again to finish. Just way too much work right now. Btw the other post is SPAM. You should delete the quotation, as there is a link in it...

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I have to tell, that I will drop development of genzo_krona. As users of this module surely noticed, I didn't work hard on this for a couple of years, but I always believed myself, that one day I get back to it and fix php errors and improve it in general. In recent weeks & days I had to understand, that it's not realistic. With my new theme I will use a lot of ajax stuff, that won't work for other themes. Surely this could be handled, but it's a lot of additional work 😩 My Todo-List for my own shop gets longer and longer...  In addition it takes me days to update my store to bleeding edge, since I want to use a huge rewrite on image system.

I will use this rewrite on krona and all my other modules. But this would completly break the module as long as the image rewrite is not part of the core. So I don't see a serious chance to drive the public version of krona forward and it's better to draw the line. 🤗

If any dev wants to continue this module, I am completly fine with it. You can do whatever you want 👌

Unfortunately this is completely stuck. I kind of developped an alpha version and wanted push it forward with the help of datakick and some testers. But probably datakick was scared of too many issues in the alpha version or the whole project isn't of interest for tb. So there is no progress at all since months. And this is a big issue for me:

1. It's very complex to code this part and I already forgot some stuff. So with every week it takes more engergy to get back to it.
  2. I really need this. For my new theme. I wanna have a clean/fast website with webp images. But I also want it for multiple modules.
  3. I invested weeks of work to make the alpha... I won't drop it.

Today I wanted to do a bleeding edge update. But in my case this is no more a one click thing. I have to rebase my branch with 70 changed files. This is kind of horrible to do regularly. Hopefully I can test tomorrow, if it even works as hoped.

But this means in other words, that I am working on a version that is quite different to the core. It's not possible to solve this with overrides or so.

As long as this is the situation my contribution to tb will tend to zero. There are only two solutions:

• Either my initial plan with my branch is continued and merged in a decent amount of time.
  • Thirty bees solves a lot of the image system themselfes and my whole rewrite becomes kind of obsolete.

IMO both are very unlikely. So for now I try to go my own way, as good as possible 😊