thirty bees forum

Free Module: Loyalty Points [genzo_krona]

wakabayashi

1 hour ago, wakabayashi said:

Nobody of you was using this module until now? 

@wakabayashi That's right, but is has nothing to do with your module. My site not functioning well. I think this has to do with the fact of upgrading from PS1.4 > PS1.5 > PS1.6 > TB1.0.X >TB1.07
I can't upgrade to TB 1.08 without breaking al sorts of things. I first have to hire someone who can clean this mess up for me.
Once that is done i will definitely use your module. 

Edited by vincentdenkspel

On 10/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, wakabayashi said:

@dynambee and @30knees you two asked for expiration of loyalty points with a history right? I am rewriting the module right now and maybe this is possible to integrate. Still I don't understand the logic for sure.

An example:

1. Customer places order_1 and earns 20 loyalty points. (exipration date end of october)
  2. Customer places order_2 and earns 30 loyalty points. (expiration date mid of november)

Customer places order_3 and uses 15 loyalty points - what happens now? Will any expiration date change? Or is this just always fix?

If it's fix, it means, that this customer has now 3 expiration dates left (5 from order_1, 30 from order_2, and some from order_3). I would call this the "fixed way".

On the other hand I plan to add the "refresh way". (which I like more). In this way when customer places an order all his loyalty points are updated to a new expire date. 

@wakabayashiI'm a bit late. 🙂 As has already been discussed, both expiration/refresh types have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm tending to think I'd prefer the customer-friendly refresh type. But choice is of course always welcome. 🙂

On 9/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, vincentdenkspel said:

if they want to get paid in money they earn 5% for each order placed by the referral. They will get 7,5 % if they in the choose a voucher.

Looking again at the posts here and thinking conccrete about it, I think this doesn't fit in the module. All loyalty poitns are turned into vouchers our expiring. Do you really want to make a bank transfer and give them money back?

On 10/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, wakabayashi said:

Looking again at the posts here and thinking conccrete about it, I think this doesn't fit in the module. All loyalty poitns are turned into vouchers our expiring. Do you really want to make a bank transfer and give them money back?

No. that comment was made when the conversation was about affiliates. In general: Affiliates wants to get paid in cash and not vouchers.
You must see my comments as 'brainstorming'.

In the last weeks @SLiCK_303 and I have invested dozens of hours, to improve this module. He was my testing buddy (thanks!) and gave his opinion about the features. We have now a beta ready, that should be tested by other users. We can't test all possibilites ourself, as the module can be used in so many ways. 

Technically the module has got a huge rewrite...

New in 2.0.0:

• Referral system
  • Expire of loyalty points
  • Conversion of loyalty points on checkout
  • Editing player history
  • Some few smaller things

Who is ready to test? Make sure you only use this version on test installations...

genzo_krona-beta1.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

New in 2.0.0:

• Referral system
  • Expire of loyalty points
  • Conversion of loyalty points on checkout
  • Editing player history
  • Some few smaller things

Those are some great improvements, AND I get to use a better referral program, so I can uninstall the built in one.

If you use a referral system on your site, or a loyalty program, you need to be using this module!

A few things to watch out for when you are setting up this module:

1. In Settings>Orders, make sure you have your Order States setup, by default there are none.  (I personally set mine to Delivered and Shipped, set yours accordingly)
  2. In Orders, make sure you have a currency setup and active.
  3. In Groups, make sure you have them prioritized, with the highest on top, and lowest on the bottom. (so probably the opposite of what its setup on install)

Those are 3 tips off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more....

If you have any problems or questions about the setup, I'm sure @wakabayashi or I can help ya.  😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I haven't got any feedback from merchants... It seems, that there is no really interests in this module.

Thats disappointing, seems like there were 2 or 3 people giving suggestions, seems like those people might wanna check it out.  Beta2 is only beta by name, to my knowledge, except for some small docs editing, it's 100% working..

Release of 2.0.0

I have just released the version 2.0.0 Krona: https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_krona/releases

End of community support

I decided, that it is time to step down with this module. In the last few weeks I invested more than 100 hours to improve/rewrite this module. I tried to implement as many features, as were wished in this forum. This ended in the fact, that 90% of the time invested time is useless for myself, since I don't use this features. That would only make some sense, if this module helps thirty bees to grow. Unfortunately this isn't the case. Neither is the module used, nor was the new version tested. The module must be so useless, that merchants don't find time to invest 30 minutes to play a bit around. That's quite frustrating after investing such an amount of time. That's why, I won't consider any feature request in the future from the community (beside from @SLiCK_303). I will only look at clear written bug reports.

In general: don't be surprised, if my forum time will drop a lot. I will use this time, to reconsider every aspect of my own shop. Please don't ask for any free tb support trough private messages. I won't do it anymore and I won't even respond to such messages. There are professional devs, who need to make their living too 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I have just released the version 2.0.0 Krona: https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_krona/releases

Thats good news, thanks for the hard work! 🤗

The rest I'm bummed about, please consider after you work on your own site for awhile, that you come back and help on the forums again, your help is most needed/wanted! 😭

• Like 1

My apologies for being MIA for the last while, I had some consulting work to do that kept me out of the office for a good number of days.

I'll be back working on TB in the next little while and will definitely test the updated module. Thanks very much for your hard work!

14 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I decided, that it is time to step down with this module. In the last few weeks I invested more than 100 hours to improve/rewrite this module. I tried to implement as many features, as were wished in this forum. This ended in the fact, that 90% of the time invested time is useless for myself, since I don't use this features. That would only make some sense, if this module helps thirty bees to grow. Unfortunately this isn't the case. Neither is the module used, nor was the new version tested. The module must be so useless, that merchants don't find time to invest 30 minutes to play a bit around. That's quite frustrating after investing such an amount of time. That's why, I won't consider any feature request in the future from the community (beside from @SLiCK_303). I will only look at clear written bug reports.

I'm really sorry to hear this. I know how frustrating it can be to donate time and not get any feedback or assistance. As I mentioned above, I was kept out of the office and mostly offline by a temporary job I had for a while. This meant I wasn't able to be active on the forums or work on developing my own site, and by extension meant I wasn't testing modules either.

I expect that as the TB community grows there will be more people around who can step in to do testing and provide feedback in cases such as this. Right now there are only a few of us so if one or two aren't around for a while it makes quite a difference.

In any case, now that I am back I have downloaded the module and will definitely install and test it. I'm using Chex as well so maybe I'll have some feedback on how the two interact with each other.

22 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Neither is the module used, nor was the new version tested.

People not talking about the module doesn't mean they don't use it. Quite possibly the opposite is true: it works flawlessly, nobody has questions.

And yes, that's kind of a trap. All too often, crappy stuff gets more popular, because people have to talk about its quirks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@vincentdenkspelv2 sounds amazing. Thank you! 100h is an immense amount of time and truly exceptional dedication and generosity. I was one of the people asking for expiration of points. I apologise for not being active here sooner. My 'real job' is keeping me super busy and all I do for my shop right now is restocking when needed and answering customer emails. I'll hopefully have time to test the last two weeks the year and I will definitely try to test sooner. I will report here, even if community support has ended. Again, thank you so very much.

• Like 1