thirty bees forum

Free Module: Loyalty Points [genzo_krona]

wakabayashi

Thanks for the update, it's been awhile.  I still use it, me and my customers enjoy it very much.  Thanks for all your hard work on this module!

As I have always said, anyone using the loyalty module in TB needs to be using this module instead, its much more diverse!

Edited by SLiCK_303

On 6/3/2019 at 3:42 PM, wakabayashi said:

I have just released v1.1.1. This update fixes small js stuff. https://github.com/eschiendorfer/genzo_krona/releases

Who is using my module on a live store? How does it work out for you?

I want to start using it together with datakick's consequences module. I'm currently using the standard loyalty points module. Is there a way to import points from that one to your module? 

12 hours ago, 30knees said:

I want to start using it together with datakick's consequences module. I'm currently using the standard loyalty points module. Is there a way to import points from that one to your module? 

Datakick pointed me to the correct tab (Players) where one can import. I am also now reading the great manual that's under the support tab.

Nice! To be honest. I haven't looked a lot at my own module in the last months. It's just running on my shop and some customer use it 🙂 But I will try to look at it again and to make it more popular. 

Feedback is highly appreciated. Also the way of using, cause merchants can learn from it.

The manual is really great! I also like the flexibility of adding different triggers. Especially awarding points for reviews is awesome.

I scrolled through the early posts and remembered we talked about expiring points and sending an email to the customer eg 30 days before their points expire. 

You said it's quite difficult to implement. That's one of the main elements I want to use to get customers to come back to our store, so I'm thinking about either staying with the native module and Consequences or whether I can somehow get the same result with Krona and Consequences via Customer Groups.

Another possibility: Use native and Krona together: Krona to award points for reviews, where these points don't expire, and native for expiring points for orders.

I'll think about it some more.

21 minutes ago, 30knees said:

Another possibility: Use native and Krona together: Krona to award points for reviews, where these points don't expire, and native for expiring points for orders.

Thats a very bad idea. It was never the intention of my module. I will think again about the integration. Now with conseqs module from datakick, it makes more sense to me, to have this expire feature. I will think about it. 

• Thanks 1

Loyalty module creates database entry when order is placed, and these entries expires separately. 

That means, if customer places two orders

2019-01-01 - 10 points

2019-01-10 - 20 points

If expiration period is 20 days, then on 2019-01-15 the total points available is 30. But on 2019-01-30, the first entry expired, and total available points is just 20.

Krona, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't do think like that. It keeps single record with current total amount. So, it's not easily possible to expire individual entries. But I believe it's nonsense, anyway. I would suggest that every purchase will re-start expiration. This way, all what's needed is new column in player table.

• Thanks 1

@wakabayashiThe native module has a validity period setting, see below. The idea is that the coins a customer gets give a discount on their next order, if placed within the validity period. So in my case below, if the customer orders again within 180 days, they get a 5%-of-the-previous-order discount on the new order. If they don't, the points expire and there's no discount. I came across this in another store and found it a quite strong motivator to order again.

image.thumb.png.b79aece7935b74bf4e1b7f1048973745.png

6 minutes ago, datakick said:

I would suggest that every purchase will re-start expiration.

That was also my intention. This makes much more sense to me and is also clear to the customer. I mean a message like: If you don't place an order in your next 7 days, you will lose 10 of your 95 coins is just silly, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

That was also my intention. This makes much more sense to me and is also clear to the customer. I mean a message like: If you don't place an order in your next 7 days, you will lose 10 of your 95 coins is just silly, isn't it?

But isn't that the same principle? The main idea is that you need to place an order within a certain time period. And you never accumulate more coins than you spend because they're always automatically applied to the next order.

Well the intention is clear. But the expiration is not the same. If I implement it (what I plan now), every customer will have ONE expire_date of his coins. If he doesn't order something before this date ALL his coins will be lost. But if he orders, ALL his left coins will still remain.

Also I don't get your point, that you can't accumulate more coins than you spend. Imagine you order for 100000$ and receive a lot of coins. Next order you buy something for 15$. Maybe you can pay this completly with coins and still have some left. Or not?

There is no automatic conversion of points to coupon during checkout. Customer needs to do this manually -- both in native loyalty module, and in krona module.

See screenshot from native loyalty module -- when I placed order 316, points from order 315 were not used. In order to use points, customer needs to manually click on Transform button.

image.png.5ea94f56301936c6b47a049e90c5cf46.png

3 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Also I don't get your point, that you can't accumulate more coins than you spend. Imagine you order for 100000$ and receive a lot of coins. Next order you buy something for 15$. Maybe you can pay this completly with coins and still have some left. Or not?

That's a good point. However, for this scenario to actually take place in my shop, the new order would have to be <5% of the previous order. That is *highly* unlikely. I don't know how likely it would be for other merchants, but I would guess that a single expiry of points coins would only lead to problems in the rarest of cases.

Would it be easy to have the coins used automatically? I realize things are mostly much more complex on the inside than they seem to be from the outside for a non-coder. But a big fat button should also do the trick. 🙂

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Anyone else having issues logging into datakick ,been trying for awhile now and always get cloudflare error

That's weird. I've tested login functionality right now and it works. Could you try in incognito mode?