thirty bees forum

changing hosting?

nickon

Hi,

Since my current hoster has no plans on updating the mysql etc on this server (he will be moving to a new server in the winter. I was browsing around for hosing plans and I stubmled across two a2 hosting plans that seems interesting. Currentl I am runnig on a shared hosting with a PS 1.6 and about 9000 products updated via cron every morning. I am using traffic about 18.000 per month with unlimited email etc. So I saw swift option for 4.20/month and tubro for 7,99/month. Tubro seems the best option I think. Since tb has(?) 1click install on a2 and a2 is also listed on the tb site as an prefert hosting service I wanted an opinion on a. How good the hosing plans/services are b. Since I will try them for a month (and if all goes well start using them )and hopefully mirgrade to tb atlast) is there a way I can help tb with this (by clicking on a link or coupon or... ?)

• 1 month later...

@nickon said in changing hosting?:

Hi,

Since my current hoster has no plans on updating the mysql etc on this server (he will be moving to a new server in the winter. I was browsing around for hosing plans and I stubmled across two a2 hosting plans that seems interesting. Currentl I am runnig on a shared hosting with a PS 1.6 and about 9000 products updated via cron every morning. I am using traffic about 18.000 per month with unlimited email etc. So I saw swift option for 4.20/month and tubro for 7,99/month. Tubro seems the best option I think. Since tb has(?) 1click install on a2 and a2 is also listed on the tb site as an prefert hosting service I wanted an opinion on a. How good the hosing plans/services are b. Since I will try them for a month (and if all goes well start using them )and hopefully mirgrade to tb atlast) is there a way I can help tb with this (by clicking on a link or coupon or... ?)

Why not check other hosting providers including WordPress Managed Hosting as it has also one click installation with better speed, performance, security, updates etc.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn ,I've had to turn down this this offer as there were no backup and had to do everything myself 😞

So I am back on the hunt for a hosting site that runs thirty bees fast , with dedicated IP, weekly backups at least , SSL installed for you and good service all round  + located in UK ... Any suggestions 🙂 

• 2 months later...

I've not personally needed to use Cloudways support lately, but I've read that recently it's not as good as it was. Also, they stopped offering thirtybees as a one-click installation. You could also look at going directly with DigitalOcean or a similar provider.

thanks for feedback. I don't need the 1 click installation, i am looking for a hosting based in Europe with a decent server speed. I use in the last 2 years a Hetzner managed server but in the last months the performance is continuous decreasing and customer support is just sending polite replies without any other help.

Yes as am I ,although I have found this 1 that looks reasonable

https://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/vps-hosting

but am not rushing into buying anything yet , as my website has at least another 3 months in the making and is just way to slow where I am at the mo

8 minutes ago, Signut said:

@AndyC We have used a small Unlimitedwebhosting VPS package since 2015.  We have found these guys to be reliable, and to give fast and helpful support.  No hesitation in recommending them.

Would you say the speed is good enough for TB , if so could you Pm me the url so I can have a look 🙂 ... Or is that to cheeky