thirty bees forum

internal links dynamic parameters

colorful-ant

I'm looking for weeks for a solution. now i found it.

Sorry for german pictures - i think @traumflug understands it and can help to ad change for the next update aeuc module :O

i´m using https://www.seobility.net/de/seocheck/ to check

without changes 0_1539906360146_0ad3f1f3-97f2-4240-966e-52ca82c67f55-image.png

. .

with changes 0_1539906773402_465f1103-aa76-4593-aa79-32246869e506-image.png

my changes: modules / advancedeucompliance / views / templates / hook / hookDisplayProductPriceBlock.tpl

<a href="{$smartyVars.ship.link_ship_pay}" class="iframe" title="Übersicht Versandkosten"> to (rel="nofollow")

<a href="{$smartyVars.ship.link_ship_pay}" class="iframe" title="Übersicht Versandkosten" rel="nofollow">

@the-rampage-rado

aeuc module have dynamic parameters ( url with ? etc....) if you try seo-tools - e.g. https://www.seobility.net/en/seocheck/

result (first image obove german, now english)

0_1540335450650_dynamic-link.jpg

. . it has nothing to do with the cache on this topic -> bo-performance-full page cache, you can find it in an other topic

my complete snippet

{* "Shipping CMS content" Price Hook templating *} {if isset($smartyVars.ship) && isset($smartyVars.ship.link_ship_pay) && isset($smartyVars.ship.ship_str_i18n)} <div class="aeuc_shipping_label"> <a href="{$smartyVars.ship.link_ship_pay}" class="iframe" title="Versandkosten" rel="nofollow"> {$smartyVars.ship.ship_str_i18n|escape:'htmlall'} </a> </div> {/if}

you can delete title="Versandkosten" or rename, or change for different languages

a few days ago i also changed the revws module - @datakick

httpdocs / modules / revws / views / templates / widgets / list / paging.tpl

from <a href="{revws::getPageUrl($reviewList, 1)}" class="revws-page-next{if $reviewList.page >= $reviewList.pages-1} revws-disabled{/if}">

to <a href="{revws::getPageUrl($reviewList, 1)}" class="revws-page-next{if $reviewList.page >= $reviewList.pages-1} revws-disabled{/if}" rel="nofollow">

You guys know that thirtybees implements canonical url tags by default, right? So why bother doing all this stuff?

The only reason behind this rel="nofollow" suggestion is to get rid of duplicate content warnings (or is there any other reason?).

But this is very stupid method to achieve this task, if you ask me. You need to fix all links on your page. If you miss just one, you will get this duplicate warning. Also, if any third party website links to your site using dynamic parameters, you'll get duplicate warnings as well -- you will have to manually block these third party links in your search console. It's a lost battle...

Canonical url meta tags, on the other hand, solve this problem elegantly and permanently. When google tries to index url with dynamical parameters, this meta tag tells him that he should index is under different / canonical url.

I also like to learn .....

But I think it's not a lost fight. And duplicate warning is one of the problems from my own point of view. Everyone is always talking about Google - as the market leader. What about all the other search engines etc.

Apart from that, some search engines do not adhere to various rules and settings. Some are just aggressive and include everything in their index. (Please do not talk about locking them.)

It was just a suggestion, people who do not want to use it - do not have to do it. For me personally, after the change of all internal links dynamic parameters, a better position in the search engines resulted.

When I install a new TB shop, without the additional modules required for me, such as AUEC, no problems with internal left dynamic parameters appear in an SEO query.

etc.....

I do not want to expand the topic because I probably lack too much experience and knowledge. It's my point of view and my experience when I do online SEO testing on different sites.