thirty bees forum

How should I have handled this?

vzex

Long time customer abandoned cart but didn't sign in.

They called me to place the order by phone I write it all down to place the order myself for them after we hang up.

I see the abandoned cart but can't convert it to an order. Or could I?

So I enter all their info as a shopper but couldn't because that customer already exists!

Couldn't call them for password and needed to get this order out.

My workaround was to leave a letter off email creating a "new" customer.

Order finally processed, but of course they don't get email confirmation.

In hindsight I should have done that to their name since now I can't edit the email to correct it!

Is there any way I can merge these two customers that are actually one?

I just disabled guest checkout as well! :)

I remembered there being a free module for prestashop to shop as customer but it didn't work on TB

Thanks for any thoughts on preventing this from happening again!

If you need online payment by the customer and you need to send him/her a link to process it the above mentioned method is the right way.

If you have cash on delivery payment option and it's convenient for the user I would leave it as you did it and ship the items. They purchased by phone which is also fine. Asking for passwords is never good, doesn't sound professional with me.

@the-rampage-rado said in How should I have handled this?:

If you need online payment by the customer and you need to send him/her a link to process it the above mentioned method is the right way.

If you have cash on delivery payment option and it's convenient for the user I would leave it as you did it and ship the items. They purchased by phone which is also fine. Asking for passwords is never good, doesn't sound professional with me.

It was a long time elderly customer a bit confused this time for some reason just wanted a little TLC help with placing order.

I'd never ask for a customers password but do recall seeing a module to login as customer and thought I needed to do it with a module to create their order.

Now I know I can create an order thanks to @dosbiner pointing out a built in feature to TB

Thanks!

So now that I know how to do a manual order the proper way, is there any way I can convert the order I made by leaving the "m" off of their .com email address to push it through as a new customer?

I'd like to add my manual order to their other orders.

All other customer info is correct except for leaving off the last letter in their email.

Thanks!

It's probably too late for me. I hope this helps:

Option 1 Usually it should be enough if you change the customer's e-mail address in the customer data, if the e-mail is generally wrong

Option 2 manual order and incorrect order data customer entered -> cancel and create a new order with the correct data (if necessary adjust in the database, such as the date)

Note: manual order slowly perform -> if customer data is available, wait until they appear (usually there is already a shopping cart, if this is right to select or create a new) - possibly before in the customer account (if available) to see if there is already a shopping cart and then carefully transform it into an order

for new ps / tb users please create your own test customer account and try it in the admin area - theoretically it is easy, if necessary wait a short time for entries like mailaddress (name), productnumber (name) etc