thirty bees forum

Spam through the Contact Page

Signut

Is there a recognised method to prevent Spam via the Contact Page?

We have the Recaptcha Module activated to the Contact Page

The numbers of Spam we currently receive are low - currently 5 -15 per day, but the problem is increasing. All the contacts are mainly from .RU addresses. We would be grateful for any suggestions. thanks. Signut

Can you test your contact page and see if the form can be submitted w/o submitting the captcha?

Because I had the same issue with the tb captcha module on 2 stores using warehouse theme and I don't have time to switch back to the official theme and test if it's theme related issue I have.

I had to install the free captcha module from PS forum to stop this spam in our cases but I would like to use the official tb module which adds the functionality to few other vital places.

@dosbiner @AndyC Thanks. We have already have the 'Blackhole' Module activated, and it seems to deal with 'bots' very effectively.

@the-rampage-rado Thanks. I confirm we have two Warehouse themed sites with the TB Captcha module installed. We have now checked both, and although the Captcha is present, the message can still be successfully sent (verified and UNverified). Doh! We were stupid not to have checked this before, and grateful for your post.
Sadly, we will look back to PS for a solution.

01543224705369notarobot (1).zip

Use this free module for the contact page, it has few nice options. But it does not show on the other forms.

@Tb developers - can you look into this. I know it's not TB related issue as your captcha module works on the community theme but Warehouse is probably the most used theme and as Marcin is still refusing to look into TB it ties our hands for such minor issues that we don't know how to fix. Probably it could be fixed with the in build hooks or css but I don't know how... Sorry!

@the-rampage-rado Many thanks and we are going to follow your guidance.

As a side note, we are not coders here, just enthusiastic merchants. And the Captcha problem is yet another issue to chew on. So we are thinking, as a strategy for the future, to spend more 'energy' - and cash - on Warehouse/TB is not justifiable.
We are committed to TB, but the road ahead is looking very cloudy at the moment.

Because I had the same issue with the tb captcha module on 2 stores using warehouse theme and I don’t have time to switch back to the official theme and test if it’s theme related issue I have.

Well, it can't be a theme related problem, because a (malicious) user can change the theme to what he thinks is needed. Especially CSS and JavaScript. A secure login can get handled on the PHP side, only. That's what the No Captcha ReCaptcha module does, well, tries to do.

However, so far I could not find any step-by-step instructions to get around the Captcha. Maybe it's obvious once one found this way, for me it's not.