thirty bees forum

Order edit / stock management problems

RabbitZzZ

Question

Hi, on thirty bees 1.0.8 without advanced stock management we found the following problems:

If you add a quantity of products to the order, the stock gets reduced. If you delete it again, it wont be added back to the available stock.

Also the shipping costs are not updated due to the additional weight of the added products.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks!

19 answers to this question

Ok, good to know about the shipping cost. Still would be a useful feature to implement.

The stock problem remains. It also seems like sometimes the stock is reduced twice when products are added to an order. Is there something wrong with some calls for the database update in the background?

I just tried and this is what happened:

• created an order with one article, 4 times -> fine
  • edited the order, added and removed about 2-3 of the article -> fine
  • added another article (90 available) 25 times -> remaining stock is 40

so double the quantity got subtracted from the stock. Seems to happen all the time if you add a new product to the order.

Something related, perhaps. I had an order that I set to canceled. Then I refunded the order in PayPal, which is why the status "refunded" was automatically set. Then I moved it back to canceled (for our work flow purposes). 

Canceled Canceled   12.09.2023 07:37:07  
7.gif Refunded   12.09.2023 07:21:28  
6.gif Canceled   12.09.2023 07:20:38

Stock was added back for both cancellations. Is this expected behaviour or should stock added back only work if in between two "canceled" there was a status that substracted stock?

Edited by 30knees

When you click on refund this is the last order status you have to set in this scenario. Some other payment methods (modules) might not restock but in this case you would not have to put Canceled after Refunded.

Also this might help in quick analysis of the order s in BO - how many refunded, canceled, etc orders you have divided in different end statuses.

• Thanks 1