thirty bees forum

Text Attribute

AndyC

Hi

How can I go about adding a text attribute ,all I have is drop down, radio or colour

On 95% of my products I offer engraving and you obviously have to let people add their quotes or what ever they want engraved , this is also an added extra cost. Is there any way this can be done without having to spend a fortune, I didn't even think about this until now

Thanks

An "ugly" way is the only way I can think of

Say for example the product is a house name plate, and customers can have house names engraved and you charge per letter

Product is called "Name Plate" - product has an attribute called "Number of letters". Then the attribute has values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 etc

The in the product set up page you use the combinations section to assign these values and they have an impact on price. So value of 1 has an impact of £1, value of 2 has an impact of £2 etc

Your customer will see something like this

image.thumb.png.7284ca1107285825176015c0ea90d83f.png

Then you probably need to be quite explicit in wording both on the product page and on the cart page that says 

"Please select the number of letters to be engraved on your name plate, then in the order message box please type your message carefully

Of course you could use words instead of letters or band the together so number of letters 1-10=£1, 11-20=£2 etc

Hope that makes sense

One of the problems with me is that the quantities of products are automatically updated by the wholesaler. I do not have the items in stock with me. For this I have not found an optimal solution, because there is no separate item number. Like eg different engraving etc.

Edited by colorful-ant

2 minutes ago, colorful-ant said:

One of the problems with me is that the quantities of products are automatically updated by the wholesaler. I do not have the items in stock with me. For this I have not found an optimal solution.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you have the same issue as Andy? Can you explain more what you actually need to do?

I try to explain it
Jewelery with and without engraving. Sometimes engraving is only possible on one side and some on both sides. The font length is different depending on the size of the article. The article should have no variants in the sense, as for example in clothing, since otherwise it does not work with the automatic adjustment of the inventory of the wholesaler.
Nevertheless, the prices of the engraving articles, depending on the option must be changeable.

I think I understand.So how about accessories

Product 1: Bracelet

Product 2: One word engraving

Product 3: Two words of engraving

Product 1 then has two accessories associated with it. If customers want two words engraved they add product 1 and product 3 to the cart

because it is accessories you can show product  2 and product 3 on the same page as product 1

we have similar with U-bolts where a customer can buy just the u-bolt or they can buy the u-bolt with 3.1 certificate and / or a letter of certificatin

https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/light-pattern-gripped-u-bolts/8334-u-bolt-m6-by-25mm-thread-27mm-inside-diam-54mm-inside-height-bzp-zinc-plated-5055624401912.html

You could also use a cross selling module to make the accessories appear on the cart page

Sorry for the late reply

Thing this I need to charge for the engraving and the text could be absolutely anything from numbers to letters to shapes. I could be in rows or 1 single line and could be from 1 word to 30 words if on a plate or something 

I also have to have a style list For Example Times , English script etc .... Then 5 radio buttons of different types of thing and a free box for any extras information

Here's what mine looks like at the moment on Zencart

eng1.JPG.92286d8cc17cbce46d45fb180a3b4090.JPGeng2.JPG.a4dc051e823bb9759ffbd6f1d3243d44.JPG

I've come to far to have to go in search of another cart and I really really like TB now

Such a pity you can add a price in the Add or modify customizable properties tab as that would be fine ---- I think

Edited by AndyC

I have found a beautiful module that does this for you . Very cheap at only 750 euro

You can see how it works here: https://www.configurateurvisuel.fr/en/html5/746-custom-cap.html and scroll down to the accessories section to see the module

🙂

Or

You could combine my ideas of attributes and accessories (for the stands for example) with this method for adding text and images

https://zemez.io/prestashop/support/how-to/prestashop-1-6-x-how-to-add-a-customizable-product/

Thirtybees does not have such thing as a text attribute. All attributes values *MUST* be defined in back office, se they can be used when specifying your combinations. Text attributes would, by definition, be created by your end users.

There is, however, Customization option. You can create text fields (or file fields) and allow your customers to customize the product. Unfortunately it's not very flexible, for example there isn't any price impact, etc... If you need these advanced features, you'll need to purchase one of the many Product Customization modules out there. There are indeed great variety of these modules, I'm sure you'll find one that will meet your needs. Some of them are quite cheap as well

cust.png.cb5160a283f5e531f90219a3c0d3cbb3.png

You can also look at this module.

It enables/disables customization fields based on what combination is chosen.

So for example, if you have product and product+engraving, the second combination can show text input field.

And it's little cheaper.

You have to think that way - if you are making additional money with engraving, than good module will bring you that money back and will cover it's cost sooner or later.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/combinaisons-customization/20548-customizations-by-combination.html

Edited by toplakd

That module activates/deactivates customization field for combination you choose and you can set prices on combinations.

So you create combinations:

1. Product (deactivate customization and in set impact on price to none)

2. Product + engrave (activate customization field  and set impact on price to increase).

Edited by toplakd

Andy, price is not added to text area.

This module only adds posibility to deactivate customization fields on combinations.

Price is added in the combination as normal when you create them, and you activate customization only on combination that includes your engraving.

So you create your combinations as normaly with thirty bees, first combination is normal product and you deactivate (this module) the text field for normal product.

Than you create second combination - Product with engraving, and activate (this module) the text field for this combination and you can choose increase price as ussual with combinations.

Edited by toplakd