thirty bees forum

Users see other users names in user block

Smile

We have some issue with caching or cookies.... We expect at least that is is cookie or cache based. I am not sure where to look and don't get it fixed. 

What happens?

Users do see names from other users. We got this report from multiple different users. But I can not replicate it here.... I have attached the pictures of current settings.

We use the login module User block info mod from the panda theme. We use this modele as it is a bit more flexible for locations. 

Can someone point me to the direction we could investigate?

cach-user6.JPG

cach-user5.JPG

cach-user4.JPG

cach-user3.JPG

cach-user2.JPG

cach-user1.JPG

Hi,

I guess the issue was due to the "Redis" cache. if you are using the native "user info block" module, the issue still persists. so please disable the "Use cache" option and clear the Smarty cache to check whether it works fine or not.

Best regards.

@Jonny I'm sorry, but I don't think this is the right answer. If the module is using system cache in a wrong way, then the solution should be to fix the module, not to disable system cache. 

In other words -- if cached content contains customer personal information, then cache key must be based on customer id. If this would result in too many entries in cache, then the module might decide to not use cache for logged-in customers.

But disabling cache at system level is not a solution.

Hi,

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clearly. as I also can't reproduce the issue, so I need to exclude some factors, such as system cache. if you switch to the default "User info block" module, does the issue still persist? if the same issue occurred on the native module, that wasn't due to my "User infor block mod". my module doesn't save any user cache message, it uses the native system cache.

Best regards.

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

In the other hand we need a form of cache....?

Not really. thirty bees works entirely fine without any caching. Caching shouldn't change shop behavior other than making it faster.

Also, some caching methods have benefits on one system, but not on another. When enabling caches one should always test whether there's actually a performance benefit. If there is no such benefit, I'd keep it off. Adding complexity without a gain is rarely a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is happening, its too complicated for me to solve.... Today one customer managed to order on someone else name (is was logged in under that name) place an order but with its own address.... Ik keep you updated..

13 hours ago, Smile said:

Today one customer managed to order on someone else name (is was logged in under that name) place an order but with its own address....

If a customer can log in as another customer s/he can order as that other customer, of course. Adding and address is possible, of course, customers can have many addresses.