thirty bees forum

Product attribute / features

LCortes

Question

Dear all.

I have 2 questions regarding product creation:

- in product atributes we may choose from "dropbox", "radiobox" and "colors". Is there a way to add a "textbox" and "file upload" to attribute type?

- is there a way to set a delivery time to each product interdependently, so I can choose different delivery for products that need personalization or special order?

Many thanks

11 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, LCortes said:

- in product atributes we may choose from "dropbox", "radiobox" and "colors". Is there a way to add a "textbox" and "file upload" to attribute type?

You can add Personalized fields. There are image and text types of personalized attributes under Catalog->Products.

Oh, those are for the customers to fill...

Edited by Wartin

12 minutes ago, Wartin said:

You can add Personalized fields. There are image and text types of personalized attributes under Catalog->Products.

Sorry, I explain my self bad. Sorry my English...

In product creation I'm able to add option to personalize products, with file upload and text, but that appear in bottom of product page, and client must save first and then add to cart.

So I though that maybe if it's possible, I could add that personalization in product attributes, but I dont have a option to that, only those that are shown in picture attached (drop list, radio button and color)

drop.jpeg

16 hours ago, LCortes said:

in product atributes we may choose from "dropbox", "radiobox" and "colors". Is there a way to add a "textbox" and "file upload" to attribute type?

Dropbox, radiobox and colors are attributes defined by the merchant. Customers can select, but not change them.

What you probably want is a customization. There customers can enter something and order the product with this something. For example, text or photos on a t-shirt printing service.

image.png.6ee463572bb5569611484e88fa8fa0f5.png

Adding customizations is a two-step process. Enter the number of fields first, then save, then define how these fields should look, then save again. Needs a bit experimenting.

Someone mentioned this thread about a DIY hack headed "Veganline created a topic in Tips and Tricks"
It is free but

• price & delivery stay the same
  • you probably want to re-arrange where things show on the product template file for this product, which is worth learning to do anyway. 
  • you have to replace three other files with ones you can download from the thread. You can pay someone to do it but...
  • you have to do it again if you update thirtybees and one is over-written.

There's a thread about modules that charge for customization. Andy C on the forum chose one for his Pewterworld site. The thread is 

Edited by veganline

Yeah it does a reasonable job ,but does have it's problems to start with..If you do buy the module make sure you test it fully and get them to fix problems.. I missed 1 ,but have found a work around luckily

module is Product Fields manager - by Anvanto

On 5/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, Wartin said:

It's not the same, but you could modify product's template to change where custom fields appear. But yes, you will need to save (there is a thread in the forum on autosaving, but I didn't try it)

boa sorte 🙂

Wartin, thank you for you time. I will TRY 🙂 to change the template to put that information near product attributes. It will solve half of problem. I try to find that auto-saving feature in forum, but with no success. Can you please point me to that thread?

Traumflug, thank you for you time. You are right. What I need is a combination of customization and attributes. As Wartin sugest, I must put them together in template page, but then I would like to autosave the customization, so I dont lost order if client forget to save.

veganline and AndyC, thank you for your time. I will take a look to that module.

First step for me, is change the position of personalization fields.

so, I edited product.tpl file and it looks like this:

https://amigos-umm.com/thbees/gifts/candle#/2-size-16_oz/21-scent-puffin

that's not really the final look that I want, but it's a start. But now, every time I click "save button" it makes a quick order. What did I wrong? I only cut and paste code in different position in product.tpl file.

After this change, and everything looks like I want, it's possible to auto-save the customization options? I really don't understand coding, but I wonder if it's possible to add an additional function in ADD CART button: first save, then add to cart - with only one click

The official W3C XHTML specification, Section B. "Element Prohibitions", states that:

"form must not contain other form elements."

You have moved form inside another form. Browser will just silently (or maybe with some warnings in js console) ignore the form element, and merge the <input> elements into the parent <form>. When you click on the submit button, it is the parent form (add to cart form) that is being submitted, not the customization form.

I would personally just ignore this for the moment. I would remove the 'save' button and focused on auto-submit of customization. This can be done entirely using javascript. If you do this via js only, then you can easily control what information will be submitted, and how to extract them from the page dom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datakick said:

The official W3C XHTML specification, Section B. "Element Prohibitions", states that:

"form must not contain other form elements."

You have moved form inside another form. Browser will just silently (or maybe with some warnings in js console) ignore the form element, and merge the <input> elements into the parent <form>. When you click on the submit button, it is the parent form (add to cart form) that is being submitted, not the customization form.

I would personally just ignore this for the moment. I would remove the 'save' button and focused on auto-submit of customization. This can be done entirely using javascript. If you do this via js only, then you can easily control what information will be submitted, and how to extract them from the page dom.

datakick thank you so much for explanation.

Please forgive me the dumb question, but javascript has nothing to do to ajax, right?
Because I search in forum and found this link:
http://nemops.com/save-prestashop-custom-fields-add-to-cart/

and wonder if I can use it to what I need...