thirty bees forum

Emails not being sent.

bhtoys

Question

17 answers to this question

2 hours ago, bhtoys said:

I've had two orders recently, and I've not gotten an email saying the orders were placed... The TEST email function sends me an email however. 
How do I fix this? Or what would of went wrong?

do you have the translations folder?

3 hours ago, bhtoys said:

I've had two orders recently, and I've not gotten an email saying the orders were placed... The TEST email function sends me an email however. 
How do I fix this? Or what would of went wrong?

What email are you talking about? Core only sends confirmation email to the customer, is this one you are talking about?

13 minutes ago, datakick said:

What email are you talking about? Core only sends confirmation email to the customer, is this one you are talking about?

When an order was placed in the past, the customer and myself would get a copy of the email, and I would also get an email when something is out of stock. 

They're getting their email... I'm not getting any of mine

8 minutes ago, bhtoys said:

When an order was placed in the past, the customer and myself would get a copy of the email, and I would also get an email when something is out of stock. 

They're getting their email... I'm not getting any of mine

That's not core functionality. Core does not notify merchants by email.

You probably had mailalerts module installed

• Like 1

I’ve had over 125 orders and every single one, until this week, has sent me an email from the site informing me that I have an order.

and you’re telling me the site is NOT supposed  to do that? 

C665B5D9-D548-4ADC-BE46-2824032BDB28.jpeg

It’s always come from the site since day one. Before that module was installed even. 

Mind I have mailalerts installed. Never altered it, just entered my email addy. Checked it, all looks fine there..

You see, these are the information that are very relevant for troubleshooting. Now we know that we are talking about mailalerts module. So that should be the first thing to check.

• Is the module enabled?
  • Is the enabled on all devices, and not only on desktop?
  • check Advanced parameters > Performance > Disable non thirty bees modules
  • Are all module hooks hooked correctly?
  • Try to reset it

Also, look into Advanced parameters > Logs, newer versions of thirtybees logs missing email templates there 

Interesting is also the fact that this worked before. You must have changed something recently. Do you remember changing anything, for example switching themes, or installing new module?

45 minutes ago, datakick said:

You see, these are the information that are very relevant for troubleshooting. Now we know that we are talking about mailalerts module. So that should be the first thing to check.

• Is the module enabled?
  • Is the enabled on all devices, and not only on desktop?
  • check Advanced parameters > Performance > Disable non thirty bees modules
  • Are all module hooks hooked correctly?
  • Try to reset it

Also, look into Advanced parameters > Logs, newer versions of thirtybees logs missing email templates there 

Interesting is also the fact that this worked before. You must have changed something recently. Do you remember changing anything, for example switching themes, or installing new module?

100% enabled, and set to work on everything.

Checked performance-  its set to allow all non-thirty bees modules. 

It appears all hooks are correct (never altered anything anyway for this)

When I check logs, I get a 500 server error? (Pic attached)

I did switch themes last week, but switched it back.

When I turn on Debug mode. This is the error that appears instead of the 500 screen.image.thumb.png.0a087de2559b8790853bd6b5cc6e9e81.png

Edited by bhtoys

What tb version are you running on?

I believe this is the culprit. Switching themes can unregister hooks for modules that are mentioned in config.xml. This is already fixed in bleeding edge, but if you are on 1.1.0 or older, this behaviour is still there.

Anyway, uninstall and reinstall module. That will fix the hooks.

Regarding your other problem -- you have incomplete installation - file admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/logs/employee_field.tpl is missing. Fix the installation using core updater.

2 hours ago, datakick said:

What tb version are you running on?

I believe this is the culprit. Switching themes can unregister hooks for modules that are mentioned in config.xml. This is already fixed in bleeding edge, but if you are on 1.1.0 or older, this behaviour is still there.

Anyway, uninstall and reinstall module. That will fix the hooks.

Regarding your other problem -- you have incomplete installation - file admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/logs/employee_field.tpl is missing. Fix the installation using core updater.

Running version 1.1.0

Unistalled. Reinstalled. Got this error immediately. 

Warning on line 235 in file /home/bountyhu/public_html/store/modules/mailalerts/mailalerts.php
[2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Downloaded the core updater. Installed it. and the log error is now gone.

ALSO, uninstalled and reinstalled the mailalerts again - no error. 
So, i assume that should fix it?

Edited by bhtoys

6 hours ago, bhtoys said:

Running version 1.1.0

Unistalled. Reinstalled. Got this error immediately. 

Warning on line 235 in file /home/bountyhu/public_html/store/modules/mailalerts/mailalerts.php
[2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Downloaded the core updater. Installed it. and the log error is now gone.

ALSO, uninstalled and reinstalled the mailalerts again - no error. 
So, i assume that should fix it?

The warning you got from mailalerts was because your configuration for the module contained empty value. But it was fixed when you resaved mailalerts configuration. Anyway, this issue should be fixed. Tracked here: https://github.com/thirtybees/mailalerts/issues/9

Well, now that you have the mailalerts module reinstalled, I believe it will work once again. Let us know if this did not help